Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to "Monster Garage" a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
silver six
I've really been getting into Monster Garage and I've been thinking what could possibly be done to a 914. So far I've come up blank. Most of their projects involve huge cars, vans, and larger (in one case a Winnebago), that allow them to install crazy shit inside.

On the other hand, I do remember them turning a New Beetle into an amphibious vehicle and I vaguely remember them doing something to a Cooper Mini--although I could be mistaken about that because I don't remember exactly what they did to the Mini. And those cars are pretty small.

Any ideas?

Douglas
si2t3m
They made a snowmobile out of the mini!

Marc-André
East coaster
It would be a stretch, but how 'bout making a daily driver out of one! rolleyes.gif
Ferg
How bout a 914 hovercraft biggrin.gif . Big inflatable bag around the perimiter of the car, that would be fun in a auto x. Ferg
JWest
No, no - a 914 limo!

Wait, didn't the factory do that? wink.gif wink.gif
SirAndy
we already have some plans on that. just need the space and time. in fact, we already started cutting for the first "Monster"-Project rolleyes.gif

can't reveal too much detail here (spy's everywhere, ya know) but if you want to be part of it, contact Mr. 914, Brad "914" Roberts directly ...

Andy
Zeke
QUOTE(East coaster @ May 1 2003, 08:55 AM)
It would be a stretch, but how 'bout making a daily driver out of one! rolleyes.gif

Right on! mueba.gif

I can't stand Jesse James. Neither can his ex-wife who is mostly responsible for his success. Read: she kept the books so he could stay in business long enough to acquire fame. When he got famous, he dumped her or she dumped him. Whatever. He stands for everything that is wrong today. He is probably the devil hisself. I want to rant on about this jerk, but I won't. Leave the 914s to people with some taste at least.

barf.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(East coaster @ May 1 2003, 08:55 AM)

That wouldn't fit in a 1 hour timeslot. Maybe that could be a project that could run over several seasons. But no Jesse James, though. He just comes in once a week and has flames painted on whatever they're working on.
Chris H.
QUOTE(James Adams @ May 1 2003, 09:03 AM)
No, no - a 914 limo!

Wait, didn't the factory do that? wink.gif wink.gif

LOL! Only 5 posts before the limo came up....
Qarl
How about turning a 914 into an electolytic anti-rust device?

Karl
cha914
How bout a 914 flying machine...do it bi-plane style...a set of wings that come out from under the car and a different targa top with wings attached, then another T-4 motor in the front trunk to drive the prop with...

the only step after that is to gut the hell out of it to get the weight down...anyone else catch the junkyard wars where they built period airplanes using all period tools(as in no power tools)...all of them flew from junk to plane in 20hrs! And the Brittish bi-plane kicked serious ass...

Anyway, I happen to like the first monster garages...the recent ones where Jesse isn't really involved are not that good...No matter what is personal life is like, he is quite a fabricator and it is amazing to see what he comes out with...not too many people left that take pride in what they create, so its always fun for me to watch one at work.

Tony
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 1 2003, 11:36 AM)
LOL! Only 5 posts before the limo came up....

Actually I was surprized it took that many posts. It was the first thing I thought of.
scottb
mueba.gif how about a 914 self enclosed drive in theater? have the front hood tip forward and the projector being in the gas tank area with a fuel cell in the rear? dvd player in the glove box area and surround

sound aktion035.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif .

i would buy it!!!!!!
mskala
I don't have a pic, but at least one if not more was made into a pickup
truck pretty easily. I bet you could do that up right with a huge lift
kit and whatever. You know monster trucks are mid-engined nowadays
anyway.IPB Image
Mark S.
'70 914-6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.