Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone running dual Weber 34's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
The '74 2.0 I bought from Utah isn't running so great at sea level. It has dual Weber 34's and I'm sure they need to to be rejetted. Anyone running these carbs who can share their jet sizes?
Outbackskip
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 15 2012, 05:28 AM) *

The '74 2.0 I bought from Utah isn't running so great at sea level. It has dual Weber 34's and I'm sure they need to to be rejetted. Anyone running these carbs who can share their jet sizes?

Hi there,

I'm also running Weber 34 ICT's, but mine are on a 1,8.
I have the standard jetting setup, the same you can find on the PDF at racetep.com (http://www.racetep.com/weber/34_ICT.pdf).
My '74 1.8 runs fine and I'm pretty close to sea level in The Netherlands, maybe as close as anyone can get without getting wet. lol-2.gif
Later Skip
billh1963
Thanks, Skip. I've read different opinions on whether the 34 is enough carb. I have a line on a pair of Dellorto 40's. I also just bought a complete FI system from a running 2.0 engine. I would like to try to get these 34's tuned right first...and see if they can be made to run right before I looks at other options. I guess I'll use the chart and start from there.
rmital
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 15 2012, 11:56 AM) *

Thanks, Skip. I've read different opinions on whether the 34 is enough carb. I have a line on a pair of Dellorto 40's. I also just bought a complete FI system from a running 2.0 engine. I would like to try to get these 34's tuned right first...and see if they can be made to run right before I looks at other options. I guess I'll use the chart and start from there.

I know of a few 914er's in my area running the 34ICT set up. They seem to be keeping up with the rest of us just fine. I just put them on a 74 2.0L and trying to get them dialed in. with little effort so far they do fine. I'm sure I'm missing something basic and I'll be good to go.

(by just advancing my timing they improved, just need to get some time to get it perfect)
Outbackskip
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 15 2012, 08:56 AM) *

One other thing I should mention is that I have a balance tube installed between the 2 34's on the intake manifolds. Some of our Dutch 914-club members also have trouble tuning them in right, but don't have the balance tube installed. My little teener runs so nice and smooth that I don't want to change a single thing on them. Always starts 1st kick, let the fuelpump build up a little pressure, one step on the throttle and away she goes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.