Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: floor mats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underdog
Just received Lloyd Custom Front Mats for my teener. Nice mats, good quality, CUSTOM, NOT. I would expect custom to fit around the pedal cluster. They do not. Velly Solle, no returns.
windforfun
Bummer. Try to return them. Coco Mats are now avaliable again. Good luck.
Tom_T
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jan 15 2012, 10:39 AM) *

agree.gif

Try talking to the vendor who sold them to you, because if they're mis-cut, then they should exchange them for a proper fitting mat. I've not heard from others that the Lloyd mats don't fit right, so it sounds like their mistake, which they should fix.

If they won't correct their mfg. error & you used a credit card, then you may be able to get the card people to cancel the payment or reimburse you - if your card has that type of protection.

Don't let them blow you off on this, because mfg. errors can & do happen! dry.gif

As for Coco Mats - they look great & vintage, but don't feel that great on your heels barefoot, and tear up the heels of your shoes (esp. polished type). I used to have them in mine when she was my DD in the 70's-80's, so I know.! dry.gif

IMHO the plush mats a far more comfortable for driving, then pop in the Coco's for the vintage look at car shows. first.gif

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Drums66
....It can happen! ...if it was intentional, who knows? confused24.gif
try to work with them bye1.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 15 2012, 03:48 PM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Jan 15 2012, 10:39 AM) *

agree.gif

Try talking to the vendor who sold them to you, because if they're mis-cut, then they should exchange them for a proper fitting mat. I've not heard from others that the Lloyd mats don't fit right, so it sounds like their mistake, which they should fix.

If they won't correct their mfg. error & you used a credit card, then you may be able to get the card people to cancel the payment or reimburse you - if your card has that type of protection.

Don't let them blow you off on this, because mfg. errors can & do happen! dry.gif

As for Coco Mats - they look great & vintage, but don't feel that great on your heels barefoot, and tear up the heels of your shoes (esp. polished type). I used to have them in mine when she was my DD in the 70's-80's, so I know.! dry.gif

IMHO the plush mats a far more comfortable for driving, then pop in the Coco's for the vintage look at car shows. first.gif

Good Luck! beerchug.gif

agree.gif - well partially.

return them if they do not fit like you want,
I just got coco mats, and this is how mine fit. I i want to fit them around the pedals , if i sent a template or my old mat they would custom make it just like that for very little more. they are making me a front trunk mat when i send a template for it. I have the aluminum pedal board so i did not want the full mat.in fact i wish i would have had them only go up to the base of the pedal board,but thats o.k.

as for wear, the loyds are soft but not as resilient. the will show wear fast, ask me now i know. and ive never driven barefooted,so i would not worry about that. poke.gif

I got mine for christmas, called them direct 2 days before, they made them the next day and shipped them that day, i had them in 2 days!! piratenanner.gif - but they are made in S.C. and i am in the same state, 4 hours away. but their customer service was better than i have seen from any other 914 vender, except maybe Mark at 914rubber.

so, i say return them, if they won't refund, call the credit card, and get your money back, get the Coco Mats!!!!

good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.