Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat exchanger question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
my wife hates my car
I am finally removing the engine from my 2.0 '76, & I do not like the heat exchanger/muffler gig. I have a set of older style 2.0 stainless heat exchangers, would they work? Can I ditch the dual muffler thing without screwing up performance? Just curious.......this is my first rebuild, not really sure what the hell I am doing WTF.gif also, there is NO catalytic converter in the muffler system if that helps.
TheCabinetmaker
By all means, make the switch. You will need all the early heat connections, and the muffler hanger.
my wife hates my car
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jan 15 2012, 07:26 PM) *

By all means, make the switch. You will need all the early heat connections, and the muffler hanger.

Curt, I have everything I need to switch, just got nervous wondering why porsche would go through all that change....I can see the catalytic converter thing.......but man, that just sucks pullin' those new style......thanks man, Hank
jimkelly
you are gonna get alot more air flow as ID difference is huge.

will you feel it at the peddle ?? ??

my wife hates my car
Damn, didn't think about that.......I might have to stick with them goofy lookin' things. Lord knows I wanna go fast! Anybody know the reason behind the muffler & canister setup? I have seen these with the catalytic converter, but this doen't have the converter, just the big canister on the right side.
jimkelly
i believe it is all emissions related.
johannes
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jan 16 2012, 04:11 AM) *

i believe it is all emissions related.

Right. This change was done to maintain higher exhaust gaz temperature in order to have the cat able to work.
JeffBowlsby
Here are the basics of the changes sad.gif :

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.