Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Send me your dogs, your guns, your electric shock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Walked out to the storage barn this morning and lookie at what I found
barf.gif sad.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif If I could only catch who did this.

They took 2 tubs with a complete F.I. off of my 74 motor, a complete set of body rubber seals, a 16' ladder, and my 30 gal Sears air compressor, and who knows what else, after I get through taking a good look. The police said it's all drug related in the DFW area.

They climbed up on the fence, kicked through the roof, kicked out the door from the inside, and then pulled the fence gate out with their car, pulling out 2 fence posts and misc, fence damage.

I don't think these crooks even know what they have, or they would have picked up a couple more tubs of parts. Hopefully it'll show up on Craigslist.

I'll be calling my insurance agent manana, and need an estimate of the value of the complete FI is worth. The rubber alone is a small fortune. Right now I don't know what the insurance will say or will pay. Let the games begin. headbang.gif

JRust
Damn it icon8.gif That sucks bud. Sorry to hear it sad.gif
Dr Evil
Bill, you have some luck, man. Sorry, but I hope we can help with the valuation to get you some stuff back.
aharder
Bill,

Sorry to hear the news, I know it sucks when this happens cause it happen to me a few years back mad.gif

euro911
idea.gif Be ready before something happens again

COSTCO - 8 cameras & 8-channel digital video recorder for $400.

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Can you post a detailed list of what was stolen and any pictures? This way everyone can keep a lookout?

VERY sorry for your loss. Hope you can catch those crooks.
rnellums
Man, that really sucks. Sometimes people make me sick.
ConeDodger
Watch Craigslist. That's where the idiots sell the stuff... mad.gif
hot_shoe914
I have lots of 2.0 injection stuff, let me know if you need anything.
ww914
I hate it when shit like this happens. Not sure what can be done watching Craig's List, how could you prove the stuff was yours?
Grelber
Bill: Bummer. I don't have a lot of stuff, but let me know if I can help with anything.
orange914
QUOTE(ww914 @ Jan 16 2012, 06:29 AM) *

I hate it when shit like this happens. Not sure what can be done watching Craig's List, how could you prove the stuff was yours?

no need to prove it's yours when you meet up to buy it... with a couple good friends along...
Sorry to hear, lots of eyes out for you.
GeorgeRud
A second on the Costco system. Not the greatest quality in the world, but certainly better than nothing. They also have systems with fewer cameras as well as one with 16 cameras.

Having one of these systems saved a contractor buddy of mine his ladders and scaffolding. When it was stolen, he was able to pull up the information, show it to the local police, and they caught the fellow trying to sell the aluminum at a local scrap dealer.

I'm afraid that things like this are only going to get worse before they get better!
bandjoey
Thanks Guys. I've been saving up parts for a while thinking I'd move back from carbs to fuel injection and had everything in the crate ready to go.

Calling the insurance agent today.

What would a suggested value be for the LJet setup? I've searched here, club, and pelican and don't find a complete setup for sale, ready to install on the engine.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 16 2012, 10:31 AM) *

Thanks Guys. I've been saving up parts for a while thinking I'd move back from carbs to fuel injection and had everything in the crate ready to go.

Calling the insurance agent today.

What would a suggested value be for the LJet setup? I've searched here, club, and pelican and don't find a complete setup for sale, ready to install on the engine.

Bill,
I have about 6 or 7 complete l-jet setups. Let me know what you need.

Clay
bandjoey
Thanks Clay. Will do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.