Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake leak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chrispy
A couple weeks ago I was working on my daughters 72 914. It was leaking brake fluid at the rr caliper. The nipple at the end of the steel line tha goes into the caliper had broken off. I checked it for play in the swing arm and rear bearing but everything was tight. So I chalked it up to a 40 year old car with some fatigue.
I rustled thru my stash of old parts and found a right side line, cleaned it up, installed it, bled the brakes, no leaks, and life was good.......now its leaking again.
I would have sworn that there was no moistue around the fitting after I was done, but there sure is some today, The compression nut wont go down tight enough to stop the leak. I checked pelican and AA bu ne.ither has the line. Can I take the compression nuts off and get a new line made or may I have a caliper problem (no visible scars on either surface).
Thanks for the help, Chris
Cap'n Krusty
Bendable hard brake lines are readily available. Warning! Be SURE you get one with the correct threaded ends! There are European, Asian, British, and US versions.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.