Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 2.0 conversion?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
T l2 O Y
how much is a 1.7 2.0 conversion gunna cost bein one of the youngest members (14) i dont have a clue confused24.gif
Bruce Allert
It'll be the price of a 2.0 engine if you do it yourself. Take out the 1.7, put in the 2.0. Engines run from $500 up.

good luck...... it's fun clap56.gif

.........b
2-OH!
Welcome to the board...

You do not own a screw driver, your dad does...but I like the part about fixin cats...

You will want to sell your 1.7 if you can to help raise money for the project...

Check with Jerry at Northwest Connecting Rod to see if he has any ideas...

All other board members beware...he just bought a rustoration project...tryin to save another one...

2-OH!
Andyrew
I sold my running 2.0 for 700.. It needs a little work. But a 2.0 running perfect can go for 1k or more. Sooo... ya
rhodyguy
so which cars have to sit out in the driveway? if the 1.7 runs well keep it where it is. spend your dough on other items for the car. see if your dad will let you look at his receipts. biggrin.gif a used motor is what you currently have. a new one is going to cost about 500 lawns.

kevin
Joe Ricard
My early 1.7L goes faster on the rack that I can drive it. Maybe I am new or I suck at AX biggrin.gif
2-OH!
Good Shot Kevin...

2-OH!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.