Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tinware when removing AirCon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Enzo
I have just bought a 1971 914 that I am starting to do a restoration on, dropped the engine and box out at the weekend, and am starting to get a list together of what I need to try and find.

The car had aircon, and when it was fitted at the dealer they seem to butchered the tinware quite alot, and cut the rail that holds the seal and the edge of the engine shelf to make enough room that huge York compressor.

I have had other air cooled VW's before, but nothing with a Type 4 engine, so am not sure how the tinware is supposed to look.

I am not going to refit the aircon, but dont know if there is there a section of tin in that corner that they would have removed, or did they just cut a piece out?

Has anyone got any good pics of tinware installed on a engine without aircon, as dont know wether just to piece in a flat section where the pump was, or if to try and hunt down the propper tin.

I have tried looking at the drawings of the tins on parts sites like AA, but I cant make out what goes togther where.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Jeffs9146
Before and after repair!
Enzo
Thanks for those pics... has anyone got one of the black engine tinware in that area?
904svo
Which tin do you need 1.7/1.8 or 2.0 ltr tin?
type47
Look at the PET in my signature. There will be a diagram with the engine tin. The passengers side tin gets cut for a/c.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.