Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Reno Porsche Family Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
cheer.gif w00t.gif cheer.gif w00t.gif cheer.gif w00t.gif cheer.gif w00t.gif cheer.gif w00t.gif cheer.gif w00t.gif cheer.gif w00t.gif

It's time to start thinking about spring! The first Reno Porsche Family Reunion for 2012 is happening Saturday, February 11th - 9am till Noonish.

Note the new location, Joe's Diner, 6350 South Virginia Street, Reno, NV. At the corner of Neil Road and South Virginia. Plenty of seating, The management has reserved an entire section of the restaurant for us! Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all served all day long! If you are directionally challenged, call 775- 853-3777 for directions!

This event goes on no matter what the weather. If the weather isn't to your liking, bring your daily driver. It's about building community. Putting a face with the goofy screen name. The food is good so bring your wife and kids! See you there!
billh1963
I saw that car at the Parade in Savannah!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

It's official! The Reno Porsche Family Reunion is a PCA - SNR event! Come on down and eat at Joe's! See you there!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Finally got snow on the mountains! Come on down and see the view from Joe's! The Reno Porsche Family Reunion, February 11th! See you there!
ConeDodger

Come on down and get your breakfast on! Eat at Joe's! The Reno Porsche Family Reunion is Saturday the 11th of February! Let's get the gang together!
ConeDodger

Be the first one on your block to bring out your Porsche in February! No really. The Reno Porsche Family Reunion. Saturday, February 11th - Joe's...
ConeDodger

Two weeks and a day! Come down and eat at Joe's. See the gang and see the cars. The weather has been great! Heck I'm going golfing on Sunday for the second time in January. See you there at the February Reno Porsche Family Reunion! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Going to be a great weekend in Reno! The February Reno Porsche Family Reunion,
February 11th and a Porsche Club Dinner that night! Don't be left out, see the 'family' and have some fun!
EdwardBlume
icon_bump.gif

Go to Reno in the dead of winter....

Pull slots next to a 70 year old chimney...

Revel in a day without CA sales tax...

but seriously, Reno is a nice town. I'll try and swing out there this Summer! w00t.gif
ConeDodger

Come on down to the February Reno Porsche Family Reunion! What could be better than having a chance to see the famous RobW! I know that would make my day better!
ConeDodger

Come on down! Eat at Joe's! This place is kind of that prototypical 1950's cars and kids hangout... Although I didn't check it out this last year, I bet the place is mobbed during Hot August Nights! Great car town! Come on down and see the gang at the February Reno Porsche Family Reunion!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Less than a week to go till the February Reno Porsche Family Reunion! Bring the car! Bring the family! Or just bring your own self! It's about building community! See you there at Joe's - Saturday the 11th, 9am to noonish... biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Just three days till the February Reno Porsche Family Reunion! Shine 'em up and come on out to Joe's Diner At Neil and So. Virginia Street! Let's get the gang together! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Two day warning! The February Reno Porsche Family Reunion is Saturday! Hope to see you there! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Just one! That's how many days to the February Reno Porsche Family Reunion! Be there!
ConeDodger

See you in the morning guys! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Thanks to all for a great Reno Porsche Family Reunion! In all we had 20+ people and our server Nichole took it all in stride keeping us all fed and watered.
Long-distance award goes to Tobin Gallawa who came over from Sacramento to share a meal and talk Porsche with the gang!

Next Reno Porsche Family Reunion - March 10th!
Rand
Pics? I woulda coulda shoulda butta ...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rand @ Feb 11 2012, 07:42 PM) *

Pics? I woulda coulda shoulda butta ...

I only got one pic... Several others got pics but I got just the one. We had at least a dozen Porsches including a Boxster Spyder a 930 and a Slant nose. Mostly we were inside. I think when the weather warms we will go in and eat and then hang in the parking lot and ogle cars...
ConeDodger
One of the attendees today was a gal who introduced herself as Gramma Pat. Very firm handshake. Drove to the event in a '65 911 that looked like new. I got to talking with her and she whips out the picture album. She and her husband knew Ritchie Ginther personally. They owned a 550 that was featured in Road and Track. She was like a history book on 1950 and 1960 SoCal Porsche culture. Oh, and she is 89! biggrin.gif
Rand
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 11 2012, 09:23 PM) *

hang in the parking lot and ogle cars...

Glad to hear you are rethinking the venue. That will make a big difference. A gathering where people go inside a crowded establishment and sit at tables that can handle 2-4 people doesn't work for groups.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rand @ Feb 12 2012, 03:45 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 11 2012, 09:23 PM) *

hang in the parking lot and ogle cars...

Glad to hear you are rethinking the venue. That will make a big difference. A gathering where people go inside a crowded establishment and sit at tables that can handle 2-4 people doesn't work for groups.

I just didn't expect there would be as many people as that. The donut shop in South Meadows would be fine in May through September because we can dominate the outside seating. Probably will never happen though. Now that I have made it into a PCA sponsored event I will get twenty or more people and even the outside seating will not hold them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.