Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Info Please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cyclebits

Can anyone straighten me out on this. I've been looking for one like it for a spare.
I am having no luck here in the Northeast.
Thanks Vern

Click to view attachment

SLITS
They were fitted to both the 914 and Da Bug! Offset may be different for Da Bug, but bolt circle is the same.
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 16 2012, 12:53 PM) *

They were fitted to both the 914 and Da Bug! Offset may be different for Da Bug, but bolt circle is the same.

agree.gif

Those were used on both, but as Schlitz said there may have been different offsets and sizes.

I thought they were all 5 1/2 but i could be wrong about that ...
idea.gif
DRPHIL914
I have that exact same rim as a spare. But my rims on the car are e.m.p.I.
I will get rid of it as soon as I find a set of fuchs I want.
dlkawashima
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 16 2012, 01:02 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 16 2012, 12:53 PM) *

agree.gif

Those were used on both, but as Schlitz said there may have been different offsets and sizes.

I thought they were all 5 1/2 but i could be wrong about that ...
idea.gif

I think there were both 4-1/2" and 5-1/2" rims, and I believe they were first used on the '73 GT Beetle. Manufacturer is Lemmerz.
Eric_Shea
Have you ever seen those in black with some chromed rim covers? They look surprisingly good. Great I'd say.
pete000
The Bugs were 4 1/2's and the 914's were 5 1/2's

There was a rare limited edition Bug that came I think with 5 1/2's or 6"s I think I read some place on The Samba.

The Bug wheels did not have a lip on the square vents and some of the 914's did not have lips on their 5 1/2's either. Not sure if this is a year thing.

There is a beauty ring that fits them.
veltror
http://lemmerz.webklik.nl/page/15-quot-wheels
Cyclebits
Thank you Gentlemen,

Great input from you all.
Mine are 4.5JX15, not sure of the offset, next time I pull one I'll check.
Taking a close look (just visible in the pic) these do have the lip around
the rectangular vent holes. I will also need to find some kind of cover for
2" center holes, and some 'beauty rings'.
Veltror thanks for the link - terrific - now I'm looking for a 'tranlsator'. LOL
Again Thanks All Speed Safely
Vern
pete000
FYI the center caps for the 914 are smooth and the VW ones have the VW logo on them.
SirAndy
If i recall correctly, Jenny has a custom set of those on her 914 that were widened to 7".

Now, if only i could find some pics ...
idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 18 2012, 07:46 PM) *
If i recall correctly, Jenny has a custom set of those on her 914 that were widened to 7".

Now, if only i could find some pics ...
idea.gif

Found one, not a good angle, but you can see the deep dish:

IPB Image
SirAndy
One more, from the build party:

IPB Image
RazorbackFan78
Anyone recall if her 7" custom-widened steelies fit under the stock fenders with no issues? I have a set - black with chrome beauty rings. I'd like to get them widened if it's a fairly safe and easy mod for a shop to do.
SirAndy
QUOTE(RazorbackFan78 @ Dec 8 2013, 11:44 AM) *
Anyone recall if her 7" custom-widened steelies fit under the stock fenders with no issues? I have a set - black with chrome beauty rings. I'd like to get them widened if it's a fairly safe and easy mod for a shop to do.

I'm pretty sure we just rolled the inner fender lip, there was no need to pull the fenders to make them fit.

However. i do not know what the final offset on her wheels is. I may be different from the original wheels.
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.