Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the trick to blow out the 2nd piston ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
913B
I blew out one but I am stump confused24.gif about how to get the other piston out. I read some posts about getting a rubber seal and closing the other piston opening and blowing it out again. Any good advice ? beerchug.gif

Thanks in advance.

Ted
Jeffs9146
Are you talking about brake caliper pistons??

If so, I use a block of wood spacer and blow out both pistons to maximum, remove the wood and give it one more pop covering everything with a towel so you don't die when they pop out!
913B
but only one came out and now all the air is coming out from the hole where the previous piston was ??
Jeffs9146
You need to use a block large enough to stop the loose one from poping out so you can get the pressure on the tight one!

Put the loose one back in and try clamping it in just enough to seal! It took me a while to get mine the first time!
SLITS
GF with bigger lips.
913B
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 16 2012, 05:48 PM) *

GF with bigger lips.

If I had a willing GF I wouldnt be screwing around rebuilding calipers in the garage.

happy11.gif

popcorn[1].gif
Eric_Shea
If I had a willing GF I wouldnt be screwing around rebuilding calipers in the garage.

If you weren't screwing around building calipers in the garage, you'd have a willing girlfriend. Wait a minute... blink.gif idea.gif
76-914
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Jan 16 2012, 04:56 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 16 2012, 05:48 PM) *

GF with bigger lips.

happy11.gif

popcorn[1].gif

True, but marry her and you'll be in the garage rebuilding calipers. happy11.gif
bulitt
But then you would have to sell your Porsche to buy furniture and diapers so you would have no use for your calipers...
AvalonFal
Recently did mine using a hand grease gun with the nozzle removed. It screws right into the caliper port. May need a more powerful gun depending on how badly the piston is stuck. I put the already blown out piston loosely back in and clamped it and shot grease into the other side. Piston came right out. Then clean up.

Paul
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
^ C clamp is the trick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.