Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: s7 6sp tranny
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
86motoman
Just looking at the Saleen site. http://www.saleen.com Check out the S7. Wicked car. I am wondering what they are using for a transmission/transaxle. This is all I saw for the specs:

DRIVETRAIN
Transmission: Longitudinal, 6-speed all synchro-mesh transaxle
Transmission Ratios
1st 2.46
2nd 2.06
3rd 1.47
4th 1.18
5th 0.958
6th 0.74
Final drive ratio 3.22
Limited slip differential
Light-weight inboard and outboard tri-pod joints
High torque capacity steel halfshafts
Clutch : metallic 5.5" dia., 4-plate, hydraulic actuation
86motoman
More specifically will it work with the 914!
andys
I'll check my records, but I believe it is manufactured by Ricardo. Also, I believe the trans is ahead of the axles similar to a Corvette, except that it has a bellhousing. I remember looking at the S7 durring a display at Willow Springs (P-car track day, I believe it was), and took notice of the transaxle. It looked very long, which is why I believe the gears are ahead of the axles. Notice how long the rear deck looks on that car. Anyone?

If cost is not too much an issue for you, you can look at the Quaife 6 speed sequential transaxle. I can post their site tomorrow.

Andy
redshift
ZF will fit, don't need to mess with uncharted territory, it'll hold a bit more power as well. (way bit!)

M
Brad Roberts
I looked at my first EMCO transaxle this past weekend. It was developed for the mid engine Daytona Prototype cars... stand back.. it was 35k$'s base price. Sequential 6speed full throttle upshift.

B
Mueller
RBT Transmissions in Orange, California.....I'd venture to say it's based on the ZF transaxle..........

RBT Transmissions

It'll fall into the "if you have to ask, you......"
you know the rest, LOL
Mueller
further reading.....Ford specific bellhousing is part of the transaxle casting, so no easy Chevy V8's conversion... smash.gif
redshift
The 6 speed ZF is around $16k... hold on...

oh god... look... this guy is a nut.. NUTBALL

HOLY COW MUELLER! You are right! wink.gif

He's right!

M
seanery
IPB Image
That's SEXY!
Andyrew
Speaking of pantera.. Here's one almost exactly like that one...

drool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.