Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission clinic possibility, OH, PA, VA, and surrounding states
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Evil
My schedule over April is pretty loose with only a few definites; Honduras during the third week, Hershey on the last weekend, and working in OH at a docs office on the rest of the days. If there were a clinic that wanted to happen in the first two weeks of April, I could make it happen. Scotty is offering his shop up over in VA, or I am open to others. Where are my people at? If you come, I will teach smile.gif (and fart, and swear, and drink).
mepstein
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 16 2012, 08:33 PM) *

My schedule over April is pretty loose with only a few definites; Honduras during the third week, Hershey on the last weekend, and working in OH at a docs office on the rest of the days. If there were a clinic that wanted to happen in the first two weeks of April, I could make it happen. Scotty is offering his shop up over in VA, or I am open to others. Where are my people at? If you come, I will teach smile.gif (and fart, and swear, and drink).

I'm interested. mark
billh1963
Virginia? I would be all over this! Count me in... biggrin.gif
anderssj
I'd be there (VA) too, either of the first two weekends in APR should work.

THANKS!

w00t.gif
Dr Evil
I can do more than 1 smile.gif

Looks like VA is a go.
somd914
Awesome! I'd be interested. driving.gif
aharder
Damm.... mad.gif Wish I was close to VA during that time.
TC 914-8
PNW?
I'm in as long as its not. Mothers day weekend poke.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(aharder @ Jan 16 2012, 09:18 PM) *

Damm.... mad.gif Wish I was close to VA during that time.

Time for a road trip! driving.gif
type47
aktion035.gif
NORD
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Jan 16 2012, 06:19 PM) *

PNW?
I'm in as long as its not. Mothers day weekend poke.gif

I'm going with Toni on this one. My trans started being funny about
a month after the last one here in the PNW. 6 Freak again?
tornik550
Mike- since you are going to be at my office anyway- you can have a clinic in my garage. My garage isn't that big but I could probably arrange a larger place if needed.
Dr Evil
Steve, OH would be an easy one since you offered up your garage. Anyone up for OH?
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 16 2012, 10:06 PM) *

Steve, OH would be an easy one since you offered up your garage. Anyone up for OH?

This is a possibilty depending on which week in April!

Thomas
76-914
You could start throwing in a free Flu shot or rectal exam, to start bringing them in, Doc. lol-2.gif Maybe offer discount stitches to anyone injured in a clinic. But only if they can keep the screaming down. beerchug.gif So much to work with...........I have to stop myself.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 16 2012, 08:39 PM) *

agree.gif

Me too. I've been hoping for an east coast clinic. South east actually, but ill take what I can get.
Bill, maybe we could road trip it together!

I have a sports med. Symposium in Portland OR. sometime in the spring, I will have to check the date. But other than that i'm in.

Phil
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 17 2012, 12:06 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 16 2012, 08:39 PM) *

agree.gif

Me too. I've been hoping for an east coast clinic. South east actually, but ill take what I can get.
Bill, maybe we could road trip it together!

I have a sports med. Symposium in Portland OR. sometime in the spring, I will have to check the date. But other than that i'm in.

Phil

My trip to Portland is not a conflict, so should be good to go.
Now, if I can figure our how to make it a business trip so I can write it off....
idea.gif
Jeffs9146
I have had a few people ask me about another CA clinic in the last few weeks! beerchug.gif

I have another box that needs its flipped H installed! blink.gif
Mr.242
IF PNW..... I have lodging for the good Dr.

Unknown if 6Freak is up to another shop attack. Or the Doctor can handle more oysters.

barf.gif
Daiberl
PNW and this time I will make it. I have a spare transmission which I plan to rebuild.

- Juergen
bulitt
Im in for Va!
SUNAB914
I'm in for Va, should we bring a tent or sleeping bags, I know you party animals! Phil and Bill, I would be open to have you'll stay at my place if you wish also. 70 miles from Scotty's.
Dr Evil
So, I am looking to keep this kinda local (driving distance).

I will be at Steve Torniks throughout April working and that makes OH very easy to slide into for a clinic. There will be one at Scotty's, if it looks like I can do it and have a good turnout then I will do it this April. Any other locations that are with in 6-8 hours of my house are good.

The reason for this is that I am not actually "off" per se, I am playing a little hooky with help from my buddy Dr. Tornik wink.gif Thus, transcontinental trips are a bit of a risk if I were to have an "incident" wink.gif

BUT, I am always open to planning clinics at other locations so if you can build up enough paying customers to fund the thing, lets do it.
billh1963
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jan 17 2012, 06:23 AM) *

I'm in for Va, should we bring a tent or sleeping bags, I know you party animals! Phil and Bill, I would be open to have you'll stay at my place if you wish also. 70 miles from Scotty's.

That sounds great! I see a road trip developing..... smile.gif
Dr Evil
If all goes as planned, I will have the bus running and be driving it there and abouts smile.gif Better sleeping accommodations than the Suby. This gives me a priority to focus on the bus after my med license test this Fri/Sat.

I miss my garage time sad.gif
ottox914
Bummer this is no where near Mpls/St Paul...
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 17 2012, 06:46 AM) *

agree.gif either way, chris, would be great. I don't mind roughing it, either. Tents and sleeping bags are previlant in our house. we can work out the details---

the real question is how many transmissions will Bill want to bring? poke.gif
Cairo94507
Doc- Best of luck on your tests.
billh1963
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jan 17 2012, 08:56 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 17 2012, 06:46 AM) *

agree.gif either way, chris, would be great. I don't mind roughing it, either. Tents and sleeping bags are previlant in our house. we can work out the details---

the real question is how many transmissions will Bill want to bring? poke.gif

I will only bring one...... or, maybe two..... lol-2.gif
NORD
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jan 16 2012, 09:46 PM) *

IF PNW..... I have lodging for the good Dr.

Unknown if 6Freak is up to another shop attack. Or the Doctor can handle more oysters.

barf.gif

Maybe we need to throw in some Pickeled Herring to sweeten the pot chowtime.gif

Harpo
I'm interested in Ohio. Where in Ohio, hopefully Northern so my drive is not too bad

Thanks

David
two-strokejohn
I would be in for someplace close to Columbus, OH..... could provide tools etc as needed. Plain city is just a short hop away.
tornik550
QUOTE(two-strokejohn @ Jan 17 2012, 06:17 PM) *

I would be in for someplace close to Columbus, OH..... could provide tools etc as needed. Plain city is just a short hop away.

My house is near Plain City. I'm just outside of the burbs of Columbus.
dlee6204
I'm in for the VA clinic. piratenanner.gif More than likely I'll only be a spectator
Dr Evil
I plan to outline a calendar this weekend coming up. We can then get a more solid idea of paying people and dates desired that are available smile.gif

Back to studying dry.gif
DRPHIL914
I'm looking for some advice for those that have done this,
what can we do to prep for the clinic? Obviously pull the transmission, but what else?
What parts should be ordered, seals, etc (i believe my shaft seal is leaking) etc?
Doc, what is the fee ? Will you have any parts with you?

My tranny really is not bad, the only thing i notice is the usual 1st to 2nd sync is slightly iffy, and i know what speed/rpm will match it, but after i drained the trans and put in new gear oil, it was much better- so i am probably looking at syncros, and wont know how the gears, dog teeth look until i get it open.

so any advice will be welcome!!!

thanks

Harpo
Plain city is only 3 hrs from me. I'm very interested. Looking forward to the details.

Thanks

David
Rand
Hey Doc, how many people would you need to make it worthwhile to come out to Reno/Tahoe some day? Probably easier to make it happen in NorCal, but thought I'd check.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Harpo @ Jan 18 2012, 02:46 PM) *

Plain city is only 3 hrs from me. I'm very interested. Looking forward to the details.

Thanks

David

Plain city is two hours for me so I'd be in!

Thomas
Dr Evil
Rand, it depends on airfare. If someone has skymiles it helps with my cost. Barter is good smile.gif

Phillip W,

In my signature are links to every clinic I have done. In the first few posts are usually the answers to all of the questions that you ask rather than reposting them. I will post particulars later this weekend in separate threads.
Dr Evil
Okey dokey, here are the proposed open dates;

May 5-6.....that is it dry.gif

I put all the dates in a calendar and realized that every weekend is booked.

My "away rotation" starts April 7, I am on call so that weekend is shot. Then I am hanging out with Steve in OH for the week, but that coming weekend I am going to Honduras so that is out. Then back at Steve's, then Hershey, then Steve's for the week, then my only weekend off.

I can do one during the weeks when I am to be at Steve's as these are flexible, but that would likely need to be at Scotty's as Steve needs to work wink.gif

So, the open dates are:
April 9-13
April 23-26
April 30-May 6

Let me know what I am working with here smile.gif
billh1963
You set the date and I'll be here!
DRPHIL914
The may date is best for me. Have a continuing ed. Seminar ap.25-30 so that one is out for me.
Jacob
I am about 70 miles from Plain City. At this point I would be interested as a spectator.
bozo914
So what w/e are you coming to VA. I note Scotty hasn't offered up the use of his shop, but because I'm a nice guy, I'll do it for him. He loves to have people come in and touch his work, especially with trannie fluid on their fingles poke.gif
Harpo
I'm flexible on the date for an Ohio Clinic

DAvid
Dr Evil
OH is most likely gonna be on the weekend in May, I will check with Steve.

VA can be anytime it people can come during the week. If no one can come during the week, then it will become a "who can gt more paying customers" competition between OH and VA.

I asked Scotty before I posted this thread. He is cool for whenever. smile.gif Perhaps right after Hershey? Then I can just head home with Scotty after the event driving.gif
Dr Evil
So, Honduras has been labeled one of the most dangerous countries in the world, Peace Corps has been pulled out as of today due to escalating violence against volunteers. The murder rate is increasing.

So, what does this all mean? I may not be going dry.gif , BUT that would free up some weekends, so stay tuned!
Dr Evil
More info:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-573...ow-to-honduras/
bozo914
So you're talking the Monday after Hershey as a possibility? Gosh, I'd have to take another day off of work. Boo, hiss sad.gif (Not really piratenanner.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.