Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to hook up oil pressure light sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I am doing the final preparations for running my engine rebuild on a test stand. I have pretty much everything hooked up except the oil pressure light. I only plan on using a low pressure light when running the engine outside of the car.

How do I hook up an oil pressure light/sender?

My guess was that I run a wire from the battery to the light then from the light to the sender. The senders connection to the case will act as the ground. When the pressure is low, the circuit is closed which would turn on the light? Am I correct?
flash914
In the car it is hot in run/ crank but other then that you are in.
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Jan 16 2012, 06:06 PM) *

I am doing the final preparations for running my engine rebuild on a test stand. I have pretty much everything hooked up except the oil pressure light. I only plan on using a low pressure light when running the engine outside of the car.

How do I hook up an oil pressure light/sender?

My guess was that I run a wire from the battery to the light then from the light to the sender. The senders connection to the case will act as the ground. When the pressure is low, the circuit is closed which would turn on the light? Am I correct?

you are correct. the oil pressure switch is a normally closed switch.
Dave_Darling
Tornik, that is the circuit. No connection unless the pressure is low, then the sender shorts to ground (its threads).

--DD
76-914
Just use a cheap mech press gage. HB has them for $6. my 2 cents
tornik550
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 16 2012, 11:40 PM) *

Just use a cheap mech press gage. HB has them for $6. my 2 cents

Like this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.