Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will Dr Evil Come to Dallas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
We already have one earler post from Dallas, Who will come if he's here?
ClayPerrine
I have a bag of rotten tomatoes just waiting on his arrival....

aharder
I'm in biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Hmmm
Rob-O
I'd do it.
bandjoey
We don need no stinking tranny doc in Texas! Our trannys are bigger than ya'lls and don need no fixn!
Dr Evil
An amazing animal! That bull is pretty cool, too smile.gif
eyesright
I'll drive down from OK. Hope its a day I can make it. Hope the 914 is running.
Dr Evil
The response to this thread is overwhelming wink.gif

It would not be April, but sometime after June is a possibility. Clay threatened to put me up while I was there......anyone else have shelter? blink.gif
snakemain
Would definitely come down from OKC for it, but think I might be moving to St. Louis this summer.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 18 2012, 09:01 AM) *

The response to this thread is overwhelming wink.gif

It would not be April, but sometime after June is a possibility. Clay threatened to put me up while I was there......anyone else have shelter? blink.gif

Doc,

No "Midnight Prostate Exams"....... OK? icon8.gif

zymurgist
June in Dallas? I think you're doing it wrong...
Dr Evil
After June. There is a FALL after June. However, there may be no June after June if the Mayans are correct wink.gif
ClayPerrine
I may be able to arrange for the use of a real Porsche shop if you are planning a transmission clinic. It is complete with all the real Porsche tools for the 901 transmission. But you would have to put up with the crusty old man that owns the place standing there kibitzing while you do your thing.

I have a worn side shifter you can use for the demo, plus a cutaway 901 case to use to adjust the shift forks.

Also, if we could get some local early 911 guys to show up it would help offset the
cost.

think about it.....

mightyohm
I would drive up to Dallas. How can I miss an opportunity to see the Dr?
Grelber
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 21 2012, 11:34 PM) *

I may be able to arrange for the use of a real Porsche shop if you are planning a transmission clinic. It is complete with all the real Porsche tools for the 901 transmission. But you would have to put up with the crusty old man that owns the place standing there kibitzing while you do your thing.

I have a worn side shifter you can use for the demo, plus a cutaway 901 case to use to adjust the shift forks.

Also, if we could get some local early 911 guys to show up it would help offset the
cost.

think about it.....

Seeing Wes' shop would be a real treat for you.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Grelber @ Jan 22 2012, 05:29 PM) *

cost.

think about it.....

Maybe. In my experience it is often difficult to have old wrenches around as they know everything and I cease to have a purpose for being there dry.gif I can only image how this would go when I am in the old wrenches shop. confused24.gif

This would have to happen sometime in late summer as I have no official time off for the rest of the year.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Grelber @ Jan 22 2012, 04:29 PM) *

cost.

think about it.....

Actually, I was thinking of Zims.

But Wes' shop would be good too. And Wes would be less likely to kibitz than Al would be.
A&PGirl
It can't be late July. My Dad and I are planning to go to AMA's Vintage Motorcycle Days in Late July. I want to get at least one bike running to race... sunglasses.gif

August would be good and I'm sure we can find a couple of transmissions.
02loftsmoor
I have is DVD and was able to Visit THE DR. on a bussnes trip up by Pittsburg smile.gif
Rob-O
Any more word on this?
Dr Evil
All my weekends are booked during April and May so it would have to be next year. We can see about it, though. Since I will be flying there, I would need enough people to offset the cost of the tickets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.