Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Post
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RangerRhett
I don't really know how to begin....

I am originally from Peoria, IL. I met Brad Mayeur when I was 15 (or so). My father had a 914, and Brad lived near by. I loved this car, probably some pre-16 yr old facination.

Since I have grown up significantly since then I have wanted my own beautiful project. I want to set the wheels in motion to add a 914 to my insurance policy next spring.

1st question: Does Brad M. have a Website/E-mail address (I figured this would be a good place to start)?
2nd question: Anybody have any recommendations (other than asking you all and blindly perusing the classified ads) on how I can find a quality fixer-upper?
736conver
Brad M. Doesn't have a website and e-mail with him can be very slow. It best just to call him up. I'm sure he's got something for ya.
his email is
veldiadv@midwest.net

Phone number is 309-694-1797

Brian
wheelo
welcome..... Ranger R. .... happy hunting !

wavey.gif
GWN7
Hello and welcome

beerchug.gif
redshift
Welcome. As you may notice, I am the only member of bulk email test, and I have nearly 9 trillion posts.

Here are a few answers to FAQs:

195/60-15.

Only if you flip it.

NLA.

Adjust your valves.

TPS.

Miles
tod914
Miles, you forgot one....

what name is spelled the same way forwards and backwards????? starts with an "O"
redshift
Ohio... Oiho...

biggrin.gif

M
jim912928
Welcome to another Hoosier! About two weeks ago there was a 914 for sale in the South Bend Tribune...think it was around $1700. We've already recycled our papers so I can't find it but maybe you know someone else who still might have their papers?

Jim
mack914
If you look for it, it will come. Good luck!! cool.gif
ArtechnikA
welcome - check out the Fall Foliage Classic - coming soon to your area. there will be lots of 914's and 914 people there...
Jeroen
What Rich said...

Lotsa 914 people and I believe Brad M. is gonna be there too

There's a link to the event info at the right top corner of the page...

Oh, and welcome to 914world.com biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
kafermeister
Wasn't Brad Roberts prepaired to ship up to 3 914's from California to the Fall Foliage Run (or general area) if he could find folks who were "financially commited"?

I'd ask Brad if he knows of anything in your price range on the West Coast. The cost of shipping is well worth it's weight in rust.

Rick
seanery
RangerRhett,

Brady Mayeur will be at the Fall Foliage Classic in Columbus/Nashville Indiana October 22-24.
Brad Roberts will be here too, he's coming from CA and may have room for up to 3 chasis/cars/tubs. Contact him ahead of time if interested.

You should plan on attending the event. You don't have to be IN a 914 to enjoy the event. There will be a great opportunity to win door prizes that could come in handy when you purchase your car.

Welcome to the club!
We've got a great group of Indiana guys here! driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
What Sean said. Welcome, and come on down to the Fall Foliage Classic, There shoud be some open seats for you to ride along. driving.gif
red914
welcome, and an uncompensated endorsement for Brad Mayeur: clap56.gif i've done a little 914 transaction with him, and would do it again. a good guy. which is, incidently, what you will find a lot of on this board. they even tolerate new guys like me who know absolutely nothing and make it worse by posting nonsense occasionally! laugh.gif
Allan
Welcome to the club. I found mine at www.collectorcartraderonline.com Maybe you can too! boldblue.gif
RangerRhett
Thanks everybody.....

I have decided....work pending....that I will be att the FF Classic...and I am going to drag my dad to it if it kills me....

And to all of those who mentioned the INDIANA thing...I have only been a hoosier for about three weeks

"Let me tell you (whoever else lives in IN)" It is a real B***h to get a drivers license in this state....

As this is my first 914 /Porsche event...is it cool to show up without said model of Porshe...'cause I won't have one?

I wonder if Brad will remember me....

If this makes no sense...this is me right now...

beer3.gif
beerchug.gif
beer.gif
givemebeer.gif

And if you don't like it you can

pissoff.gif
seanery
you don't need a 914 to show up!

Hell, I was driving a durango on the last 914 fun run I went on. driving.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(RangerRhett @ Aug 28 2004, 08:07 PM)
"Let me tell you (whoever else lives in IN)" It is a real B***h to get a drivers license in this state....

As this is my first 914 /Porsche event...is it cool to show up without said model of Porshe...'cause I won't have one?

PA makes you jump through some hoops too...

we'll be there with a water-cooled flat-6 but no, it's not a 996, it's the Subaru.
c'mon out, meet some people, and have a great time !
jarbuthnot
QUOTE(RangerRhett @ Aug 29 2004, 12:07 AM)

I just showed up at my first 914 event in a Volvo station wagon. There were several 914s that had empty 2nd seats, so definitely go! It's worthwhile, you will learn a lot and meet great people who are more than willing to help and/or give advice. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.