Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Ever been to the Nethercutt Car Collection?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_teener
I was wondering if anybody has ever seen the huge collection of Hudsen's, Packards and almost every other car manufactured in the world.

Lived in So Cal all my life and had never been there until last weekend.

They do club events as well, a Citreon club was there. Pretty interesting though.

Some P content below....

Click to view attachment
euro911
Haven't been there in over 35 years blink.gif

It's an amazing place ... maybe someone could take charge and schedule a 914 group tour sometime in the future confused24.gif
infraredcalvin
Nice car biggrin.gif

Sad to say I've never been either...
Matt Romanowski
Been there. It's a very cool collection to see. Worth the trip!
phatnine11
I once put on a Concours for the San Gabriel Vally PCA on their parking lot. The museum is open almost year round. There is another museum that is located across the street from this one. You need to sign up for that one. When it comes to elegant touring cars, no other museum can compete with the Nethercutt. There is no charge to tour the museum and it's well worth the trip. Located in Sylmar, it's about 2 miles form the 210. Anyone interested in roadtrip??
Cesar
914_teener
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Jan 18 2012, 09:14 PM) *

I once put on a Concours for the San Gabriel Vally PCA on their parking lot. The museum is open almost year round. There is another museum that is located across the street from this one. You need to sign up for that one. When it comes to elegant touring cars, no other museum can compete with the Nethercutt. There is no charge to tour the museum and it's well worth the trip. Located in Sylmar, it's about 2 miles form the 210. Anyone interested in roadtrip??
Cesar

Hey Ceaser.....Ya I'm interested. I a business card from the guy in charge of the showroom across the street said if we were interested in a group tour that he could do that. If there is interest I could set it up.
andys
If you're anywhere in SoCal, this is a must-see museum....actually two museums. The car only museum is open to the public (free) and is very impressive indeed; black iron thru classics (later model cars are few). Make advanced reservations (again free, but there's a minimum age requirement), and you can get a guided tour of the main building (dubbed San Sylmar) that houses and even more impressive collection of not just cars, but antiques, turn of the century music machines, and much more. The first floor of the main building is the marbled grand foyer....stunning is all I can say. There' was a classic car program hosted by Edward Hermann that was filmed in this grand foyer.

On the guided tour they tell a story of how Jack Nethercutt loaned much of his collection to Harrah (who was a close friend) on a hand shake. When Harrah died, Nethercutt apparently couldnt prove they were his cars, so he had to buy them all back....I'll stand corrected, but I believe that's the jist of the story.

Andys
monkeyboy
I haven't been there in years. I was young at the time, but I remember it was an amazing collection.

I'd be in if you were to schedule a group.
7TPorsh
I had no clue and I'm 10 minutes away...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.