Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Option Group C13 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete000
What might the option code C13 consist of on a 1970 914-6 ?

Mine is listed as Option Group C13

Wonder if it is Ca emissions and safety belts?

I have rear defroster listed separately.
SirAndy
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 18 2012, 08:54 PM) *
What might the option code C13 consist of on a 1970 914-6

All i could find was a reference for C13 to the "Finland" option. Not sure if that's true?
confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 18 2012, 09:04 PM) *

QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 18 2012, 08:54 PM) *
What might the option code C13 consist of on a 1970 914-6

All i could find was a reference for C13 to the "Finland" option. Not sure if that's true?
confused24.gif

A HUGE heater. biggrin.gif
Tom_T
If it's on your COA, then it's very possibly a code or reading error by the PCNA staff.

There is a long history of them misreading or crossing codes with other later models, since Porsche recycled some of the options.

Most of the options start with an "M" - here's Jeff Bowlsby's list of options FYI -
http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/OpEq.htm

You could press PCNA to do more research on that option & tell you exactly what their microfilmed/digital "Kardex" record actually says, to see if it enlightens the situation any more.
914four
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 19 2012, 01:38 AM) *

If it's on your COA, then it's very possibly a code or reading error by the PCNA staff.

There is a long history of them misreading or crossing codes with other later models, since Porsche recycled some of the options.

Most of the options start with an "M" - here's Jeff Bowlsby's list of options FYI -
http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/OpEq.htm

You could press PCNA to do more research on that option & tell you exactly what their microfilmed/digital "Kardex" record actually says, to see if it enlightens the situation any more.

agree.gif Recently PCNA contacted me and said they could not verify the M-596 option for my COA. After a little research and noting Bowlsby's information I asked PCNA to look into the M-596 option further to see if the M-596 option might be the Forged Alloy Wheels. They responded almost immediately that they did verify the M-596 to be the Forged Alloy Wheels and would correct the COA before they sent it to me.
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 19 2012, 05:54 AM) *

What might the option code C13 consist of on a 1970 914-6 ?

Mine is listed as Option Group C13

Wonder if it is Ca emissions and safety belts?

I have rear defroster listed separately.

Hi guys!

Did anyone found out in the meantime what "Option Group C13" or "Option Package C13" could mean?
I saw the last one in a CoA of a MY70 US-car, which looks really like a "Standard"-equiped 914-6 (no fog light, no further specials...).

Perhaps it was a country-code for US? What do you mean?
68911l
My car has this option and was bought new in San Jose, so I've always been skeptical about the Finland option group theory.

The original owner said the car came new with gas burners, and this isn't listed anywhere else on the COA. Car also has foglights, which are not mentioned on the COA either. Maybe these two items were part of the package.
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(68911l @ Feb 13 2014, 09:35 PM) *

My car has this option and was bought new in San Jose, so I've always been skeptical about the Finland option group theory.

The original owner said the car came new with gas burners, and this isn't listed anywhere else on the COA. Car also has foglights, which are not mentioned on the COA either. Maybe these two items were part of the package.

I think the fogligths are definetely not part of the "Option Package C13". That car I mean had no ones.

So my theory is still a US-delivery (special sidemarkers, headligths, etc.) or standard equipment ???
68911l
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Feb 13 2014, 01:13 PM) *

I think the fogligths are definetely not part of the "Option Package C13". That car I mean had no ones.

So my theory is still a US-delivery (special sidemarkers, headligths, etc.) or standard equipment ???

Here's another car with the c13 option group.

http://www.truspeedmotorcars.com/car_details.php?cid=1601
gms
I have seen other 914/6s with the "version for Finland" option, I believe that the sidemakers and lenses were the same for both Finland and US.

pete000
The mysterious C13 option mystery continues !

Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(68911l @ Feb 14 2014, 12:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Feb 13 2014, 01:13 PM) *

Here's another car with the c13 option group.

http://www.truspeedmotorcars.com/car_details.php?cid=1601

No, I don't think so. The Fin(n)land-Option(Version) is not the C13 Package. The car I saw last had nothing. No rear window heating and no fog ligths (as the adriatic blue here in your link). Definetely no add-ons. The Radio was listed in the CoA separately.
I suppose that only the rear window heating is called "Finland Equipment".

So we have to search further what the meaning of "C13" could be idea.gif
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(gms @ Feb 14 2014, 05:51 AM) *

I have seen other 914/6s with the "version for Finland" option, I believe that the sidemakers and lenses were the same for both Finland and US.

Are there sealed beam headligths used in Northern Europe? I'm not quiet sure, but I don't think so. It was a US-specification. Perhaps they were allowed in Finland but used as OEM ???
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(pete000 @ Feb 14 2014, 06:44 AM) *

The mysterious C13 option mystery continues !

It looks like that....but perhaps we find the solution. Is there anybody who works at Porsche Archive or PCNA?
Gustl
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Feb 14 2014, 08:54 AM) *

Are there sealed beam headligths used in Northern Europe? I'm not quiet sure, but I don't think so. It was a US-specification. Perhaps they were allowed in Finland but used as OEM ???

definitely no - sealed beams were for US market only

the COA of my old ravenna green 1.8 showed them sepreately (also the german Geburtsurkunde)
db9146
Was there ever any definitive answer on the contents of Option Group C13? It's on my -6 along with listings for:
Leather wheel
Fog lights
Tinted side glass
light metal wheels (anyone have an idea on these as well?)

Could it have something to do with the early center storage bin under the dash?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.