Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
I needed some welding done on my 73 and I don't have any welding equipment. Dwain at Vision Motorsports gave me a number of a guy who actually came to my house and did all the welding in my garage. Very convenient although a little expensive. $50.00 an hour. I watched everything he did, learned a lot. When you consider what a tow would cost, having someone else pull the trailing arm off etc. $50.00 an hour wasn't so bad. I don't know if posting his number on this webb site is OK or not. So if you live between Santa Barbara and San Diego and need something welded up and like me, don't have the tools, send me an email and I'll give you his number.
Cheers, Elliot flymach86@yahoo.com
Zeke
$50/hr. is a good deal for a welder to come out. I tried to find someone for another project and it was nearly twice that w/ a 2 hr min.
aufaber
QUOTE(Zeke @ May 1 2003, 01:57 PM)
$50/hr. is a good deal for a welder to come out. I tried to find someone for another project and it was nearly twice that w/ a 2 hr min.

Geeze, at that price you might as well just buy a welder.. wait.. I did. tongue.gif We've got a MIG, Oxy and Stick Arc.

-Aaron G>
Elliot_Cannon
The more I think about it, I have to agree. $50.00 an hour ain't bad. This guy is originally from Argentina. He owned a body shop in the valley (mostly Porsches) for 20 years, now he just travels and works wherever he's needed. He's a real artist. UsedOxy-acetalene. I also kinda picked his brain and learned a lot about welding on cars.
He had some good suggestions for me. He swears by Por15 so I sent for some. Now I have no excuses for not working on the car. ( No longer "waiting for the welder"). I need to get this engine to Fat Performance and I'm another step closer to being on the road.
Cheers, Elliot boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.