I am selling my 1973 MGB. It runs and drives excellent. No Smog emissions test nightmare.

I'm ready to play with something else. I would like to sell it or trade it for a VW of similar value or less, plus cash....PLEASE, no other trades!

I bought this MGB mainly because it is a chrome bumper car and that it has overdrive (4 speed stick with factory overdrive). I had one without overdrive and let me tell you, it makes a huge difference! The engine needed a new head, so I took care of that. It runs great with up to 70 pounds of oil pressure. Never overheats due to a new 3 core radiator. The convertible top is in fine shape too. I removed the trunk rack but I still have it. Tires are like new. I replaced or repaired any electrical wiring that may have been in question. ALL heavy current pulling devices are now controlled over relays.

The body is in good shape. It only had some rust under the drivers floor pan that has been treated and repaired. I dont see any other previous signs. Paint is shiny but has a few nicks here and there, but for me it was exceptable for a daily or weekend pleasure car. I never considered it to be so bad to justify a new cheap paint job, so I left it alone. No rips or tears in the upholstery. Mechanically it is sound. Few oil drips from rear of engine after driving around. That's about it.

Below are all the things that I have replaced and have most of the receipts for. Everything was just about done at the same time. So on the list below, I probably only have about 3k miles on it.

Refurbished head with valve job
New Weber downdraft carb. (I have the original SU's in a box)
Pertronix electronic ignition
New master brake unit
New timing chain, crank sprocket and adjustable Vernier cam sprocket.
New alternator
New steering universal joint column connector
New 3 core radiator and hoses.
New heater control valve and hoses
New kingpins. and seals
New rotors and brake pads.
New front wheel bearings
New brake hoses
New clutch, pressure plate and throughout bearing
Refurbished master clutch cylinder
New muffler
New carpet kit
New upholstered seats that have leather where body contacts (leather inserts)

I will add more detailed pictures later. Or immediately if someone is interested.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article