Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 15F, sunny, no snow until 10pm and the roads are clear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scott_in_nh
Must be time to drive the 914 to work piratenanner.gif

Besides, my Cherokee split the seem on the muffler and I am tired of listening to it (and it has been to cold and dark to fix it).

Who else is braving winter weather with their 914? driving.gif
scott_in_nh
hopefully the snow holds off like it is supposed too!
xsJerry
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jan 19 2012, 06:16 AM) *

Must be time to drive the 914 to work piratenanner.gif

Besides, my Cherokee split the seem on the muffler and I am tired of listening to it (and it has been to cold and dark to fix it).

Who else is braving winter weather with their 914? driving.gif

Good question. I am very new to 914s (had mine for less than a week). my car has no rust, but the day I got it home (rolled of the tow truck because it drooped a cv on the way home), it rained on it, and the next day I saw rust blooms. plus, I have a v8, so no rain tray. I'm thinking no dice on ever letting this thing out in the rain. no snow here. the sucky thing is that I have a new car, and it's supposed to rain every day for the foreseeable future. I could have it fixed in a half hr. but I'm not sure I should bother.
gandalf_025
Noticed a few large snowflakes coming down already and it is only 1:30
This is very late in the season for us to not have snow on the ground.
That should be taken care of in a few hours though.

Yesterday, I had a kid on a Sport Bike pass me on Rt. 95. I was going 75+
and he went by me like I was standing still. Outside temp was 19 degrees.
Can't imagine the wind chill at the speeds he was going.
He didn't look to have any real cold weather gear on.
scott_in_nh
My car came up fron NC last spring on an open trailer in a major rain storm and it continued to rain for the 1st couple of months of ownership.

I don't intentionally drive it in the rain, but it happens and I am ok with it.
I'd rather avoid road salt, but do plan on taking it spring skiing on a nice sunny day in march.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jan 19 2012, 01:32 PM) *

Noticed a few large snowflakes coming down already and it is only 1:30
This is very late in the season for us to not have snow on the ground.
That should be taken care of in a few hours though.

2:30 and the flakes have arrived in Portsmouth!
No worries, it is not heavy enough to even get the car wet, never mind salting the roads....She'll be in her garage before the real snow arrives!
ClayPerrine
I am going to piss y'all off.

It is sunny and 70 degrees here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I was out without a coat and with the sun coming in the window, I ran the AC on my truck.

Betty drove her 914 to work today. biggrin.gif
JawjaPorsche
The only problem with taking my Teener out in the snow is not my driving skills but the jerk who can't drive in the snow! It is just not worth it to me to take that chance.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 19 2012, 03:17 PM) *

Not pissing me off, I'm happy you are able to enjoy your car this time of year beerchug.gif

For me personally, I can handle the cold way better than I can handle the heat!

It is mostly 60's - 80's here from March until November and I'm a skier from December - March.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jan 19 2012, 02:43 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 19 2012, 03:17 PM) *

Not pissing me off, I'm happy you are able to enjoy your car this time of year beerchug.gif

For me personally, I can handle the cold way better than I can handle the heat!

It is mostly 60's - 80's here from March until November and I'm a skier from December - March.

Lived in North East Ohio growing up. Hated every winter. Had to shovel that nasty white stromberg.gif out of the driveway. Never, ever get a driveway facing a T intersection. The plows pack it down hard.

Now we go out in mid winter in shorts, and we had a picnic on Christmas day a few years back. We get cold days, but they don't last long.

Oh, and I work in the garage on 100 degree days with no AC.

scott_in_nh
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 19 2012, 04:13 PM) *

Oh, and I work in the garage on 100 degree days with no AC.

No thanks! The few days it gets that hot you'll find me on the water anchored in the shade!

poorsche914
Sunny, clear and around 40 degrees here in the Smokies. Just took a short drive to the store and back. Plan on driving the Dragon on Sunday with a forecast of 60s and sunny piratenanner.gif
gandalf_025
I did take the wife's 911 out for a ride earlier.. It is finally running great
But she can't drive it because of shoulder surgery a few weeks ago.
Although the car has winter wheels and tires on it, I'd rather she not
drive it till spring.. But the 911 has been her Daily driver for at least 5 years.
She has an older A4 Quattro to drive till she can shift again.
Gint
I'd be driving mine if it was running. It was 60 today.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 19 2012, 07:58 PM) *

I'd be driving mine if it was running. It was 60 today.

I flew through Denver last week and I could not believe how brown it was compared to this time last year!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.