Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Sean, what's this....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
SpecialK
I must've missed the thread about Doug Leggin's car confused24.gif . What's he have to do to it?
seanery
This is the car in Doug's avatar. At last year's Fall Foliage Run we did an impromptu tech session on the tub hanging from a rotisserie. Doug recently had the tub painted and has been putting it together while still doing all the things that a dad and husband has to do - and a remodel on the house, too! ohmy.gif

This is a day to help put more of the car together. He has another car (hopefully) to drive, the 72 he drove last year.

This is a great opportunity to work on a car that is spotless and like new! I hope we'll have a couple of 914 gurus there to guide us as well.

I hope this turns out well, I'd like to see something like this integrated into our events more often! smilie_pokal.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 26 2004, 07:47 PM)
This is a great opportunity to work on a car that is spotless and like new!

You should change the title...

"wrench on a car and stay clean for a change"

biggrin.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Aug 26 2004, 03:40 PM)

biggrin.gif

That would be nice for a change!

Sounds good to me, just need to convince the tool wenc...umm...wife that it'd be a lot of fun. Yack.gif spank.gif grouphug.gif

I suppose that you'll have a map to Doug's location? (Or you probably already do, and I need to look closer slap.gif )
seanery
We'll have a map.

Doug lives in the heart of a quant little town with tons of shops. This would be perfect for the wives to checkout while the guys are wrenching.
boxstr
I think that same idea was thrown out there just before the WCC #1, I think it woud have been a good idea. Stop by HPH and turn a wrench or two.
CCLIN914SFORHUMANITY
Brad Roberts
Yep. We where gearing up to build Birgit another 914, but she wants to paint another tub and not just flip everything into another tub.

I'll manage from the side lines and boss people around...LOL

B
Doug Leggins

Yep. We should be able to stay clean working on this car. This is a complete rebuild. EVERYTHING is being cleaned prior to putting it back together.

THe car has a long way to go. It is still pretty much a tub with a suspension and nothing else. I've been trying to get several parts/projects ready. There should be plenty to do for those that can make it.

I also have lots of parts!!! Some are good for show and tell and to see just what makes up these cars. Also, if you're in need of a part I just may have an extra. I also have a rotisserie that needs a good new home.

I don't have access right now to post the most current pics but here are a couple that I have now. THese are prior to installing the suspension.
Doug Leggins
One more pic
Doug Leggins
Nashville has 200+ shops something for just about everyone - Brown County Choppers, Thomas Winery, Art galleries, Leather shops, Candy stores, Ice cream shops, a magic store, glass blowers ....

And the fall foilage should provide alot of beautiful scenery.
SpecialK
I remember that pic, that is DEFINITELY clean. beer.gif
I'd like to make it there to turn some wrenches, depends on how the schedule is at work whether or not I can make it Friday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.