Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: flywheel/clutch bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
Anyone have a line on an affordable source for flywheel/clutch bolts and washers. I've got damn near $40 before shipping in my cart at Pelican with just these items. That makes my head spin for what in reality can't be more than $5 worth of stuff.
SLITS
The ones for the pressure plate?
yeahmag
Pressure plate allen head bolts and washers and the flywheel bolts.
SLITS
Hardware store ... metric section

Flywheel ... M12 X 1.5 ... 25 mm long

Pressure Plate ... M8 ... 18 mm long
Cap'n Krusty
The 5 flywheel bolts are not considered to be replacement items, so it's unlikely you need them. If you do have to use replacements, they're not gonna be a hardware store item because they have a special serrated locking feature on the contact side of the head.

The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
Yeah, hardware store stuff won't cut it for the flywheel bolts.

They're metric, have short heads, and have the locking teeth on the underside of the head that bite into the lock plate. Specialty stuff, so they cost more than regular bolts will.

If yours actually do need replacing for whatever reason, you're gonna have to suck it up and pay for the real thing.

--DD
SLITS
Locktite RED ... biggrin.gif
yeahmag
More out of principle. The teeth look OK. I do need one pressure plate bolt and washer. I'll see if I can source that at a FLAPS.

Thanks!
SLITS
Tomorrow I will check the stock on metric alen head fastners and see if I have the M8s for you.

I use regular hex head anyway.
yeahmag
Thanks!
Harpo
These bolt are also most likely grade 10.9 or 12.9. It should be marked on the head. Hardware store bolts most likely will not be strong enough. Yes use locktite.

David
jim_hoyland
Aaron,

Try Hillco in Garden Grove. They are on Western Ave, half block north of Garden Grove. Hillco specializes in automotive fasteners.
Their number is:

714-657-7442

A terrific place and it's close to an offramp on the 22
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.