Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: **Look Who's attending the Fall Foliage Classic**
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
Will & Lynne Lutman - qa1142 (Illinois)
Garold & Julie Shaffer - itsa914 (Indiana)
Doug Leggins - Doug Leggins (Indiana)
Sean Lee - seanery (Indiana)
Mark Bland & son - Engman (Indiana)
Dan & Leah Anderson - pnambic (Indiana)
Brad Mayeur - 914ltd (Illinois)
Brad Roberts - Brad Roberts (California)
Brian Frenz - 736Conver (Wisconsin)
Chris & Beth DeRango - Aircooledboy (Illinois)
Bruce Napier - GWN7 (Manitoba, Canada)
Tom Mulcrone - CurvieRoadLover (Michigan)
Kevin & Vicki Jung - SpecialK (Missouri)
Mike Clark - Site (Ohio)
Jonathan Winterkron - winterkornj (Ohio)
Marc-Andre Morin - si2t3m (Quebec, Canada)
Rich & Joy Herzog - ArtechnikA (Pennsylvania)
Rick Harris - Kafermeister (Kentucky)
Kelly & Kyle Manley - akellym (Minnesota)
Tommy Williamson - tommy914 (Mississippi)
Dave & Kim Monk - hi ho silber (Illinois)
Jim Haney - jim912928 (Indiana)
Adam Newlin - 3liter914-6 (Pennsylvania)
Gene Ramsey - (Illinois)
Robby Poindexter - robby750 (Kentucky)
Bill Bergthold - porsche9141s1 - (Wisconsin)
Geoff Kapke & Jennifer Quillen - mudfoot76 (Indiana)
Dave Kimple - BarberDave (Ohio)
Charles & Navarro - cnavarro (Illinois)
Brad Roberts
Sounds pretty boring.. I know all those people...LOL

B
Jeroen
I know at least one name I would take off that published list, just so it won't keep others from signing up biggrin.gif
seanery
it's too late, I think everyone knows I'm coming
GWN7
My names not up there...it's a secret wink.gif biggrin.gif

Ok it's up there now...secret out wink.gif
seanery
actually, after you register it will be. As garold get's the reg forms in more names will be posted.
rick 918-S
idea.gif
GaroldShaffer
Time to plan yet another road trip Rick. You won't want to miss this. Something cool just might be there. Stay tuned.... wavey.gif
rick 918-S
idea.gif
Brad Roberts
V8 Boxster ?? Prototype 9146 ?? Brembo ?? Hooters calender girls ?? My mom ??

B
aircooledboy
What the flux? confused24.gif We gotta send the registration via snail mail? I'm too damn lazy to use snail mail.

You know, there's this great new thing called e-mail. Really easy to use, and great for lazy guys like me. Its part of something called the inter-net. It's pretty cool. You guys should look into it sometime. laugh.gif monkeydance.gif
Curvie Roadlover
"The check's in the mail" as they say.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Aug 30 2004, 04:22 PM)
something called the inter-net.

Innnn-terrrr-netttt ..........hmmmmmmmmm idea.gif sounds cool
seanery
I didn't know how to do an online form and we want all the info on the form. I'm sure if we asked for emails then we'd miss alot of the info requested. Sorry!
aircooledboy
I didn't know how to do an online form and we want all the info on the form. I'm sure if we asked for emails then we'd miss alot of the info requested. Sorry!

Just bustin balls bud. Its only 4:30 on monday and it has already been a long week. Just gotta bitch bout sumpin. bootyshake.gif laugh.gif

BTW, wife & I are in. Not sure what we'll be driving, but we're in.
qa1142
Humm,
I just entered the answer to every question in an email, sent it to Garold, sent a paypal to Garold and my name got on the list. It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Finished booking my hotel room today. Did all that by email too, until they needed credit card # I called that in to thier desk.

See you all in October driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
Email is fine with me, just make sure you answer ALL the questions PLEASE!!!!!!!! beer.gif

-Garold
SpecialK
Sean,

I need you to edit something for me when you receive my registration form, should read:

'Kevin and Vicki Jung', instead of just 'Kevin Jung'. rolleyes.gif

Wife'll ar15.gif :dhead: if she's looking over my shoulder and sees that I forgot to put her name on there too! beer.gif
seanery
no problem!
Gint
I'm on the fence. It'll ba a last minute decision for me.

Unless... Rusty pipes up saying he'll be home and wants to go for sure. Then I could hook up with him in KS for the remainder of the trip. That would be a clincher.
Pnambic
If paying by paypal, please send payment to: GJShaffer2002@yahoo.com THANKS! biggrin.gif

2004 Fall Foliage Classic
Registration Fees:
$25 Preregister by Oct 1st
$30 Registration on/after Oct 2nd
No on-site registrations please
Enter Your Name:
Enter Your Address:
Enter Your City:
Enter Your Zip Code:
914World.com Username:
Bringing your 914?: Yes No
Year:Color:
Modifications:
Staying at hotel?: Yes No
What nights?: Oct 22 Oct 23 Oct 24
Gonna be at Doug's on Friday?: Yes No
Saturday Lunch Beverage:
Shirt Size:
extra shirts are available by preorder at $17 each
Did you order a 914world.com hat?: Yes No
Method of Payment:
GWN7
We Might Have a "Special Guest Speaker" show up....heard he/she looks like this....
seanery
mighty mouse? confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
ha ha... you going to make Raby (RAT) where a costume while he speaks ??LOL

B
GWN7
Nope....nothing to do with Jake......just thought it was better than "Bump"..........and someone might be coming to wink.gif
ArtechnikA
my form should be there about now; made the room reservations a few minutes ago.
this is gonna be fun -- even if we do hafta play 'sweep car' in the Subie ...
dwillouby
The wife and I hope to make it with my V8 conversion. Its about a 2 hour drive for us. Im in process of finishing the car. Hope to have it sorted enough so nothing will fall off during the trip.
David
ArtechnikA
after the event, Joy and i are headed to Wingo, KY so we should be able to caravan at least part of the way back with you ...
si2t3m
I'd need some info regarding my planned route (as suggested by Mappoint).

I'll be entering the US via 81 going to to Syracuse,
then heading west on 90 passing by Buffalo and Cleveland,
then heading south on 71 all the way to Cincinnati,
then heading west on 74
and finally route 46 to Columbus.

Any areas to avoid (traffic wise)
Any alterative routes that could spare me some time (17hrs +) and be less boring than the highway?

I'll be leaving Quebec early on the Thursday morning (around 4am) to hopefully be in the area at 9pm. I might split the trip in 2 depending on how things go

Marc-Andre
kafermeister
QUOTE(si2t3m @ Sep 10 2004, 03:58 PM)
<snip> then heading south on 71 all the way to Cincinnati, then heading west on 74 <snip>

Hmm. Doesn't I-70 in Columbus, Oh go to Indy, In? Seems that would be quicker than going all the way to Cincy, then northwest to Indy. Sean/doug, ideas?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(kafermeister @ Sep 10 2004, 12:05 PM)
Hmm. Doesn't I-70 in Columbus, Oh go to Indy, In? Seems that would be quicker than going all the way to Cincy, then northwest to Indy.

Cincinati is a straight shot between Columbus, OH and Columbus, IN.
that's our routing from PA too ...

we're not going to Indy, we're going to Columbus ...
seanery
I would have thought there was a better way, but Mapquest says to get from Cleveland, OH to Columbus, IN to do this:

Cleveland, OH US
Columbus, IN US

1: Start out going Southeast on W 3RD ST toward W SUPERIOR AVE/US-322/US-6. <0.1 miles Map
2: Turn LEFT onto W SUPERIOR AVE/US-322/US-6. <0.1 miles Map
3: Turn RIGHT onto ONTARIO ST/OH-14/OH-8. Continue to follow OH-14. 0.5 miles Map
4: Merge onto I-90 W toward I-71. 1.1 miles Map
5: Take I-71 S toward COLUMBUS. 139.8 miles Map
6: Merge onto I-70 W via exit number 107 toward DAYTON/CINCINNATI. 1.6 miles Map
7: Merge onto I-71 S via exit number 99A-B- on the left- toward CINCINNATI/DUBLIN RD. 88.6 miles Map
8: Merge onto I-275 W via exit number 17B toward I-75. 23.7 miles Map
9: Merge onto I-74 W via the exit- on the left- toward INDIANAPOLIS. 43.8 miles Map
10: Merge onto IN-3 S via exit number 134A toward GREENSBURG. 6.7 miles Map
11: IN-3 S becomes IN-46 W. 20.0 miles Map
12: Turn LEFT onto CENTRAL AVE. 1.1 miles Map
13: CENTRAL AVE becomes HAWCREEK BLVD. 0.6 miles Map
14: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto IN-7 W/3RD ST. 0.5 miles Map
15: End at Columbus IN Map
Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 19 minutes Total Est. Distance: 328.88 miles
Doug Leggins
As the "map" websites indicate - going to Cincinnati then to Columbus is faster than going across 70 to Indy and then Columbus. I have driven to Cincinnati and Dayton and I can get to Cincinnati quicker.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 10 2004, 12:55 PM)
I would have thought there was a better way, but Mapquest says to get from Cleveland, OH to Columbus, IN to do this:

Cleveland, OH US
Columbus, IN US

1: Start out going Southeast on W 3RD ST toward W SUPERIOR AVE/US-322/US-6. <0.1 miles

well sorta...

if you're already on I-90, you'd take I-271S to I-71S then as before...

but i've proposed that he detour a bit on Thursday, overnight with us in PA, then we can caravan over on Friday...
seanery
...safety in numbers! driving.gif MDB2.gif
seanery
Man, did I read my email correctly? Did we just get a registration from Mississippi? clap56.gif
tommy914
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 11 2004, 12:31 PM)
Man, did I read my email correctly? Did we just get a registration from Mississippi? clap56.gif

yes, that would be me!
kafermeister
Exellent!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(kafermeister @ Sep 11 2004, 08:42 PM)
Exellent!

agree.gif
kafermeister
Sorry for my spelling guys. ohmy.gif

R
rick 918-S
QUOTE(kafermeister @ Sep 11 2004, 08:52 PM)
Sorry for my spelling guys. ohmy.gif

R

Geez.. it must be late, I didn't notice confused24.gif
seanery
updated list
seanery
Melon Balls called me today. I think the yellow car will be in attendance. huh.gif

He hopes to see a black 928 powered car there. wink.gif
GaroldShaffer
Melon Balls called me today. I think the yellow car will be in attendance
ohmy.gif smilie_pokal.gif

I am not driving behind him this year, thou it is fun to watch. laugh.gif
qa1142
View is same unless you are the lead DOG!

laugh.gif

bootyshake.gif
GaroldShaffer
Not with his car. Broken right rear suspension console. Makes for an intresting view. Nothing like watching the rear wheel move in & out while the rest of the car is going straight. blink.gif That and unplanned lane changes wacko.gif
Pnambic
View is same unless you are the lead DOG!

hahaha, somehow I think the view behind melonballs might be a little different than usual, unless he got that all switched out to a more solid car?
Rusty
QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 31 2004, 06:19 AM)
I'm on the fence.  It'll ba a last minute decision for me.  

Unless...  Rusty pipes up saying he'll be home and wants to go for sure.  Then I could hook up with him in KS for the remainder of the trip.  That would be a clincher.

Thank you, Mike.

While I certainly believe that I'll be back in the US by the FFC, I don't know if I'll be able to attend. Hell, I don't even have a place to live when I get back. All my stuff, including Elwood, is in storage. Like I explained to Mike - finding a place to live and visiting Pam and my son is priority right now.

I don't mean to put Mike (or anyone else) on the edge of their seat... but I just don't know. Thank you for being patient.

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. A total aside... it sucks is that the MUSR and the FFC are back-to-back weekends. That makes it pretty tough for someone to attend both. But, I was cc'd on the flurry of email planning the MUSR... and they were boxed into that weekend due to late planning.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Sep 16 2004, 03:28 AM)
...finding a place to live and visiting Pam and my son is priority right now.

... it sucks is that the MUSR and the FFC are back-to-back weekends.  That makes it pretty tough for someone to attend both.

absolutely - deal with those issues first.

but if you find yourself on the East Coast and a ride to IN would help with that plan, there is plenty of room in the Outback and you are welcome to ride to the event with us.

as for the scheduling, i have to chuckle. the SoCal guys won't drive a couple-hundred miles to attend an event, but the midwest guys look at two events on consecutive weekends 650 mi apart and say "well, that'll be a bit of a challenge ..."

FFC is 650 mi and 4 states for us, but we'll be there. (MUSR, an additional 650 mi and a week, is not in the cards - this year...)
Gint
QUOTE(Lawrence Posted on Sep 16 2004 @ 05:28 AM)
While I certainly believe that I'll be back in the US by the FFC, I don't know if I'll be able to attend. Hell, I don't even have a place to live when I get back. All my stuff, including Elwood, is in storage. Like I explained to Mike - finding a place to live and visiting Pam and my son is priority right now.

S'ok, you gotta take care of family first.

As it turns out anyway, we found out yesterday (yes, 9/14 Day) that my wife is going to be laid off. So all of my near term 914 plans are on hold. Including FFC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.