Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 1971 Signal Orange Rolling Chassis (SOLD)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
RoadGlue
1971 Porsche 914 1.7, Signal Orange
VIN: 4712907212
$750/offer, you haul it from Sebastopol, CA

Three 914s are too much for me to mentally process, let alone work on. I need to thin the herd a bit, so I'm selling off the biggest of my three project 914s.

It's been out of the DMV system, from my best guess, for close to a eight years. I probably have the title somewhere, if not, I'll go to the DMV and file for a replacement for the lost one. I'll handle the paperwork BS. This was my daily driver years ago, so the title is otherwise clean.

The car has been sitting outdoors for a number of years. You're going to have to have a number of good spares to make this a comfortable street car. It's a perfect chassis if you're looking to build an auto-x or race car.

Photos: http://wentzelphoto.com/71porsche914

Here's the skinny.

There are rust bubbles in the normal spots - on the chassis near the door handles (right below the sail panels).

I have the bumpers. Chrome, some minor dents. I'm sure the rubber probably sucks.

The drivers side jack point is toast, but the longs look good (I have the AA replacement sheet metal parts for you to weld into place).

The hoods have some bubbles.

The hell hole was in 8/10 condition, though I did remove the battery tray at one point. I started to install an Engman stiffening kit, but didn't quite finish.

At some point the front driver's side fender and door must have been hit, as there's a lot of cracking bondo there, and the color is a little off. There are no signs that whatever caused the need to do the bondo work and paint were a result of a major collision. The braces and supports inside the front trunk have not been warped or repaired. They look great. The door fitment is spot on.

The car obviously needs body work and paint.

There's a patch welded in where the clutch cable goes through the firewall. It works, but could be improved cosmetically.

The rear trunk has a little rust in the normal spots, but it's not bad. I did treat some of these spots years back.

I may or may not have the rocker cover panels... hmm...

The engine bay lid is hanging in my garage and has the complete gold letter set on it. I think I even put a coat of polish on it so it would look nice. smile.gif

Wiring harness is in place, though it's missing some gauges. I may have them on the shelf. I have the keys for the ignition, and it's in place.

The interior is not complete. It needs seats, carpeting, etc, if you want to make this a "normal" 914.

May need brake calipers and a new MC. Or if I have them, the calipers would need to be rebuilt.

I think one of the rear tail light lenses is broken.

Steel mismatched wheels on rotten tires. Hey, I needed the wheels for my other car. smile.gif

No drive train, heater or exhaust parts.

What you see is what you get, except for the bumpers and fuel tank which are included and are being stored indoors. There are some spares, but it's all small stuff and I'd need to really dig through my parts to see what belongs to that car vs. what I need to keep my other two 914s on the road.

Questions? Ask away! Reasonable offers, plus some 914-related trades will be considered.

This probably isn't a weekend long project, unless you wanted a[/u] rat-rod and had a complete drive train sitting around. Endless coffee, insanity and zero sleep would also be prerequisites. Stranger things have happened in this group of nuts... But for the regular 914 joe, this is a big project and is priced accordingly.

Randy
RoadGlue
Just found a few old photos of the car. One complete, one in its current shape:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelrandy/178241471/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelrandy/6048186570/lightbox/

smile.gif
dtavitia
PM Sent.
RoadGlue
Thank you! Replied. smile.gif
RoadGlue
Sold! Thank you!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.