Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuch cetner caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Most used ones look like they should be $5.

Are the ones for ~ $35 NOS?

who makes best repoductions? smash.gif

Are any of the NOS or reporductions worth the cash?

thanks
seanery
there's a guy on ebay that sells billet centers. They look pretty sweet.
GaroldShaffer
Will,

I bring my set of used ones with me Sunday. Your welcome to use them until you find what you want, they're not pretty but useable.
smg914
The new ones that you can still order from your local Porsche dealer or from most of the mail order places are nice but are not the exact same design as the original ones. The lip of the cap that touches the wheel on the originals is about 3/16 of an inch wide and on the ones you get today, the lip is only about 1/16 of an inch wide. Also the finish of the new caps are not the same as the originals. On the new ones, the finish is somewhat dull where on the originals they were polished.

The design of the new aftermarkts caps that you see on ebay are even more different. The face of the cap is missing the indented center. It is completely flat. I'm not sure of this but I think they taller than the originals too. In other words, they would stick out further than the originals.

If it was me buying them, I would go for the new original ones. They are closest to the factory originals. But that's the purest in me speaking.
Joe Bob
I get used ones then polish them on my Craftsman wheel....they polish up nice. Lots cheaper and easier to work with.

Then I customize them depending on which set of wheels I am using.....the 911 has red faces and petals now and the whole cap is red. the 356 is using the polished Fuchs with light blue highlights on the face only.....I painted the caps the same color them srubbed the falt surfaces and left the blue in the cirlcle and the crest.....
qa1142
anyone have Porsche part number?
smg914
914 361 303 03
Joe Bob
My bad....I keep thinking five lug Fuchs... blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.