Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid-Atlantic 914 meet?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JohnB
Last September we DC area 914'ers met at Kerry's house in Richmond. He's moving a bit closer to our area (sorta) and I wondered if there's interest in a repeat this year at a different location. I know there's the fall foliage classic in the midwest (sounds like fun!) but some of us can only spare a day for travel, visit, etc. I seem to recall some of the other VA and NC location folks preferred Fredericksburg or someplace friendly to their drive in a previous post.

What about it?

john
Brad Roberts
Let us know what you want to do John and we can give you access to our planning area (as long as you include the 914club in your plans (duh) We can promote/push help draw attention to anything you want to do. I'm looking for a solid East Coast/Mid Atlantic person to help organize a East Coast Classic for next year.

Lucky you posted first... happy11.gif

B
Kerrys914
I hope you guys get the Mid-Atlantic Cook-out going. Last year we had a great time and met some great people.

I'll help in any way I can, since I have been through it once I may have an idea or two smile.gif

I'll make the drive down to DC from here in PA> I think I am about 2 hrs from DC. As always my house is open for any 914 cookout if you need it.

The location is a tough one. I think if you should just pick one and hope for the best. Too far south and the guys on the north side will think it's too far. Too far north and the south guys will think it is too far north. If you bounce from a Northern site and southern at least you'll see the people every other year and then numbers should be consistent from year to year.

Again let me know if I can help.

Cheers beerchug.gif
Nick
I would be Interested. Hopefully Ed and I will have the car done by the end of September. Pictures of the project can be seen here:

914 3.0 Conversion Project
jtf914
Hey John,

I'm interested, but my fall schedule is filling fast. Let me know if I can help.

Welcome to the club Nick, nice project! If you need help, tools, or just want us to hang out and eat your food and drink your beer while you work there are a lot of helping hands on the NoVA/MD/DC BBS

-Justin
type47
i'm in. i looked at the calendar along time ago and saw that 9/14 was a Tu. well, it could be sat 9/11 (+3) or any other time, 9/18 would be my choice as EVERY weekend in sept (except 9/18) and oct will be taken up with traveling to see my daughter play field hockey games. i'd offer my house but basically have no parking spaces, garage and currently undergoing major renovation. i have been adding to the tech quiz. johnb, how is the restoration going? if you need to drive a 914 to the gathering, you can use the (no longer) "nautical porsche". haven't heard much from scott, must be busy at work or working on his new bug. last saw most 914ers at the club meeting "under the stars"... helped caroline with some fuel leaks... thinking about signing up for FATT 10/1 put on by zone 2 at summit point. if so, have a list (replace turbo tie rods, change brake fluid...). let's do something....
JohnB
Thanks for the input, folks. I'm not sure I can manage to pull off organizing something like this by 9/11 and that date is already out as far as my calendar goes.

Brad, I may take you up on that offer and thanks to Kerry and Justin for their kind offers of help. They must be assuming I'm taking on this job? wink.gif I think Kerry got some kind help from the 914Club and his event went very well. (yeah, it's about 2 hrs from Philly to DC).

I was thinking of some weekend in October when it's just a bit less hot and humid here in the DC area. I haven't spoken with the CINCHOUSE to see if we could have it out here but that's an option (new deck, needs to be broken in!) and there's no issue with parking. Do folks mind driving out to the Dulles Airport area (about 25 minutes from the Capital Beltway)?

Nick; feel free to drive whatever you got, we don't discriminate and there's no shortage of wrenchers here to help.

john
type47
don't think you have to do the planning or work yourself... i know! let's create a committee biggrin.gif
Nick
Dulles is not a problem for me
JohnB
Alrighty, then, let me talk to the wife and I'll see what we can work out. It's not likely to be Sunday the 19th (sorry, Jim) due to other commitments, I'm still thinking about a date in October. Is Sunday better for most folks than Saturday?

Committee? Did Kerry have a committee for his throw-down last year? biggrin.gif

OK, suggestions are more than welcome and we'll take your updated tech quiz, Jim.

john
Kerrys914
No commitee... ohmy.gif

Just some help from people interested in the event. I just tried to put on an event that would be fun to attend without too much hair loss on my part smile.gif

I did start planning alittle bit earlier but it took me more time since I have never been to a 914 event before.

Let me know what you need help with. Is there an address you are going to use for the location? I'll mapquest it.

CHeers beerchug.gif
JohnB
Kerry,

Thanks for the offer to help, your experience will be valuable. I'll ask the rest of the crew for their 2c as well when I get moving on this (we're on vacation next week so I have a few other priorities).

I'll create a post with the invitation so people can PM me for the address. Generally speaking, I'm west of DC very close to Dulles Airport. Check your map for Ashburn, VA and you'll be pretty close. There are Starbucks stores everywhere you can mapquest to, there's one within 3 miles of my house (zip code 20148). Ashburn Farms is the closest store.

Or go to Brambleton.com, it's my neighborhood. (yeah, we have our own web site, intranet, etc) but don't do it on a dial-up connection due to streaming video adverts, etc. Very graphics intensive.

john
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.