Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein Rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bulitt
In addition to the wonderful forum vendors who will rebuild your bilsteins the following can also be considered. May save y'all some search engine work.

Bilstein in California will rebuild your shocks. Need to fill out a service form available on their site, send them the shocks. You can pay extra for faster turnaround. Looks to run @ 65-75$ per shock for basic rebuild.
Bilstein

I used an outfit called Stewart Development located in High Point, NC. Bernie Stewart rebuilt the shocks. A basic rebuild cost @100$ a shock but Bernie will also do custom valving for you. He quoted me @200$ per shock for custom valving.
I received the shocks exactly 2 weeks from the day I shipped them. Included was a printout showing rebound, velocity etc. Shocks returned were labeled left and right. I had the basic rebuild performed on my front inserts.

Apparently Bernie performs much work for the Nascar community so his turn-around time maybe impacted by the racing calendar. Saw some google threads where Miata owners had some long turn around times on a group buy, but they sent the guy an astounding amount of work (800 shocks?). I have no affiliation with him, in my case two weeks door to door on a basic rebuild and a local to me vendor.

bernie@stewartdevelopment.com

www.stewartdevelopment.com
dlee6204
Interesting... idea.gif
sean_v8_914
bilstein motor sports in Poway CA just north of san diego will do custom re-vavlve based on car, weight, spring rate...about $80 ea. this is the same place mentioned above
J P Stein
Bilstein West (& East) will rebuild & revalve your shocks to their specs or yours. I had it done years ago to mine for 65 bucks each.....required rebuild parts are extra. BTDT also with these. The parts are very reasonable. I was very happy with their revalving after supplying them with spring specs, corner weights, & projected usage.
Jack French used to do the deed out west for em' but has pased on.....he knew his stuff. I dunno who does it now.

Here's a pic of my damaged shocks. They led a tough life. Thru the chrome & into the bone.......fixed the major cause of the problem meself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.