Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone use seats like these before?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
These seats are from ebay. I'm not going to bid but was just wondering if anyone has tried this style before??

ALFA ROMEO FIAT PORSCHE 914 OR UNIVERSAL SEATS.... PAIR OF SEATS, GOOD COND, RECARO TYPE... MADE BY MOD PLASTIA WITH CLOTH MATERIAL GREY AND BLACK.... THE SEATS ARE MADE REALLY STRONG, HIGH QUALITY, GOOD FOR KIT CAR OR RACING OR STREET USE.... GOOD FOR ALFA ROMEO GTV

link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...B%3AWN%3AMT%3A1
GaroldShaffer
Pic#2
Brad Roberts
The issue with seats like these: they end up sitting too high in the chassis. Our stock seats have the rails recessed into the bottom of the seat. Anything with a semi thick seat cushion and your head is against the targa top (unless you are really short..I know you are not short)

B
Aaron Cox
i read a rumor that AA would be making gt replica seats (sheel konig style etc...)

true?
Brad Roberts
No idea. I pay absolutely NO attention to anything said about them (good or bad) I have NO reason to buy anything from them ever (my choice).

B
campbellcj
These seats do actually look quite 'low' so might work well in a 914. Many of the aftermarket or 911-style seats are hopeless for the reason Brad mentioned i.e. height/headroom. But these ones appear to have similar geometry to the stock seats, give or take.
vortrex
I am fairly sure AA made these replica GT seats a long time ago. maybe they are doing another run??
anthony
sheel konig style

And you've got to be a skinny guy/gal to fit into those! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.