Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory Battery Connections
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Nozzle
Hey originality folks,

As you can see from my pic below, my positive battery connection has seen some modification. In an effort to clean up the car's electrical connections I wanted to take the car back to stock if possible. Trouble is getting a good idea what the stock setup looks like as most pictures posted in the originality forum tend to focus on more sexy portions of the bay. My original post in the Garage forum got some great aftermarket suggestions but I'm hoping to get the factory too as I'm trying to return the car to stock where I can.

So anyone have good stock battery connection pics out there?

Thanks,

John

Click to view attachment
michael7810
http://bowlsby.net/914/PartsFS/FS_IMG_0747.JPG

There's a stock positive cable picture here. Added to that on my '72 is two heavy red wires that go into the harness. I have split the 2 big wires into 4 smaller ones and added a fuse block on the battery tray to protect the wires going to the front of the car with a kit sold by Tom on this forum.
windforfun
Here you go. There's additonal wiring for the trickle charger.
1970 Neun vierzehn
John,
The battery connections on my 70/4 are similar to Windforfuns' photo except I don't have the extraneous trickle charger wiring.
What you see is completely stock.
Nozzle
Thank you gentlemen, those are very helpful pictures. Essentially it looks like my four red wires should simply soldered together and bound to the positive cable attachment bolt. Does this sound correct?

Thanks again,

John
windforfun
Stock is two wires per spade lug. Crimp & then solder. You don't need to crimp if you don't want to. Heat shrink tube the lug's barrel. Don't cut any strands.
dcheek
John,
Here are pictures from my '76. These are original. Hope this helps.

Dave

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Nozzle
Those are great pictures Dave and all. Looks like I'll need to find the attachment gizmo for hooking up the wires to the new battery line I just ordered from AA. Any chance of finding something like that or am I kidding myself?
dcheek
QUOTE(Nozzle @ Jan 27 2012, 05:28 PM) *

Those are great pictures Dave and all. Looks like I'll need to find the attachment gizmo for hooking up the wires to the new battery line I just ordered from AA. Any chance of finding something like that or am I kidding myself?

Somebody somewhere must have this. Just keep looking, now that you know what you need. Also on April 24th there is the Hershey Porsche Swap Meet. If you've never been to this it's a must do event. I've found many items I've been looking for at very reasonable prices. Here's the link:

http://www.porschenet.com/JCMS/component/o...,137/catids,72/

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.