Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Do You Recommend for Fiberglass Parts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdArango
Hi Everyone,

There appears to be a few different 914 fiberglass folks out there. Out of all these does anybody have a preference based on fit and finish?

I'm going for a GT look with steel flares. Any recommendation would be great!!

If you have links to sites let me know too!

Thanks
ED
matthepcat
I suspect the lack of replies is because this has been asked and discussed on many threads.

Searchword fiberglass and click "titles only" yealds a plethora of discussions.

Matt
tscrihfield
agree.gif

I like the quality of QRS
http://www.qrsfiberglass.com/catalog/

Thomas
rnellums
My google chrome browser did not like that link. Something about malware on that site...
biosurfer1
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jan 21 2012, 05:46 PM) *

My google chrome browser did not like that link. Something about malware on that site...

I just checked it on my virtual machine...seems fine to me
SirAndy
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jan 21 2012, 05:46 PM) *

Do a search here, that site has been infected for many years ...
dry.gif
Elliot Cannon
I was just on it and it worked OK, just a little slow. Of course my computer is probably toast now. lol-2.gif
tscrihfield
Sorry about that guys! I was unaware that there were any issues. I use Mac so I dont see the same issues!

Thomas
SirAndy
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jan 21 2012, 09:43 PM) *
I use Mac so I dont see the same issues!

That site itself was hijacked and got injected with a link to a virus download. That has nothing to do with your Mac. Any good browser should still warn you of a threat, regardless of what computer you use to browse.

rolleyes.gif
pilothyer
I just went to that link........aferwards did a system scan and Norton detected 30 security risks...they were all quarantined fortunately.
Series9
QUOTE(EdArango @ Jan 21 2012, 02:32 PM) *

Hi Everyone,

There appears to be a few different 914 fiberglass folks out there. Out of all these does anybody have a preference based on fit and finish?

Thanks
ED

After much experience, with several companies, I've settled on Getty as the only composite parts I'll use.
PeeGreen 914
Getty makes great stuff.

I like QRS but you just have to call the guy. Do not go onto his site.

Jeff QRS Fiberglass 9515815537

Hard to beat his prices. The bumpers I got from him are perfect.
gms
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jan 22 2012, 09:21 AM) *

Getty makes great stuff.

I like QRS but you just have to call the guy. Do not go onto his site.

Jeff QRS Fiberglass 9515815537

Hard to beat his prices. The bumpers I got from him are perfect.

agree.gif
I bought GT glass flares for my racecar and they are very nice, very reasonable price too.
EdArango
Thank you friends!
racerbvd
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jan 22 2012, 08:17 AM) *

QUOTE(EdArango @ Jan 21 2012, 02:32 PM) *

Hi Everyone,

Thanks
ED

After much experience, with several companies, I've settled on Getty as the only composite parts I'll use.

Same here, Getty parts in my experience fit much better than the others main lines offered. Now there are some people who build some super sweet CF parts, but they are $$$$$
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.