Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What does a 2.0 Lt. Air Filter Housing bolt to/ on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flash914
I have a 1970 1.7 now a 1.8 with part stock injection (MS2III). I'm wanting to replace the air filter (oil bath) and was thinking of using a 2.0 intake /airfilter/ runners. My AF sits on a bracket that bolts to the case and I was wondering if that was the same bracket or do I need a new on. I looked at Pelican and AA but no pictures. Any help Thanks. Gordon dry.gif
TheCabinetmaker
The 2L air box quick clamps to a bracket that is bolted to the intake runners. I won't work with the 1.7 plenum. You can (and I have) use a 2L plenum and throttle body, but you have to use the 1.7 runners. 4 bolt to 3 bolt ya know. They are too long and must be modified. They don't line up perfectly with the 2L plenum, but will work with a little massaging of the runner to plenum boots. It will help to wake up the 1.7 up a little too. Find a throttle body from a 73 so you can have the vacuum advance.
914werke
it mounts to the 2.0L throttle body on the top of the plenum via a rubber seal & via 2 clips off the bottom of the Airbox to a simple bracket the mounts to one set of runners.
914Sixer
Try VW Bus 73-78
euro911
There is a paper element type filter available for the 1.7L (maybe the one Mark mentioned above). I bought one for my wife's car, will be installing it after her engine gets rebuilt.

Here's what it looks like (pic courtesy of jawjaporsche)

IPB Image
914werke
here you go
flash914
Any body have one of these???
type47
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jan 21 2012, 02:42 PM) *

.... 4 bolt to 3 bolt ya know. ...

Why couldn't you drill the runners for 4 bolt heads?
flash914
I will if I can one sorce the parts Basicly I would be installing 2.0 intake system on a 1.8 with the org. injectors I 'm just trying to make it cheap and simple. Are the intake ports the same. I would think that they are as the gasket is the same. In a few day I'll list a WTB. Gordon
euro911
Yes, the intake manifolds have the same footprint, but the 2L intakes have larger diameter tubes.
Tom_T
K&N also makes a unit for the 1.7 & 2.0 - one of which should fit your 1.7/nee-1.8 & give better airflow than any of the oil bath or paper units.

http://www.knfilters.com/

shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.