Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat slider skipping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Montreal914
Last Friday,

My friend and I went to lunch and I offered him to drive. Being about 6-1 (I'm 5-9) he ajusted the seat back. When checking up his setup by pressing on the pedals, the seat slider jumped a few notches back until reaching the back pad. So I checked out various positions of the seat and it does the same thing when the seat is completely moved foreward. I guess I'm lucky that towards the middle (my setup) it locks well.

I haven't dismanteled the seat rails to examine the situattion, but has anyone been through this situation? confused24.gif

Recommendations?

Thank you smile.gif
ClayPerrine
Take the seat rail apart and look at the little square blocks that lock to the track. Take a grinder and bevel them to make the edge that locks taper upward toward the rail. It will make the slider lock into the seat track the more you push the seat backwards.

I have also seen some people use a seat track lock on both sides, with a bar between them to use as a release.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.