Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who sells these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Click to view attachment
raw1298
GREAT ??? I am missing 3 myself.
GaroldShaffer
914 rubber has them, but only seen them in his complete rubber kit. I was was looking for 6 myself, but found some listed here in the classifieds.
type47
PET 801-10 914.750.197.10 plug
a quick look at pelican and AA shows them for sale but not GPR or autohausaz
rick 918-S
Thanks, I need them for two cars.
pilothyer
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 17 2012, 11:28 AM) *

I believe they are still available from Porsche. part number 914.750.197.10. Pelican Parts lists them for $1.75 and says they are special order.

rick 918-S
Sent Mark a PM
TurbOH Brad
http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/91475019710/

Definitely an "order in" part. Not something many places will have on the shelf.

A&PGirl
I have a set of 6 I bought 1 1/2 years ago. If they were to be reproduced, is there a market?

Click to view attachment

rick 918-S
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Jan 22 2012, 07:21 PM) *

I have a set of 6 I bought 1 1/2 years ago. If they were to be reproduced, is there a market?

Click to view attachment

Hi Carrie!

Mark (Mikey 914) may already make these. I sent him a PM. I'm waiting for a reply.
wingnut86
World Impex and Vertexauto both show them available, looks like the cost is $1.50 plus any shipping.

Definately something you want to order enough of so that you at least match your shipping costs blink.gif
bandjoey
Home Depot
The large white threaded wall anchors for hanging pictures. Exactly the right size, and screws into the hole tightly.

Of course, you have to buy a box of 24.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 22 2012, 06:22 PM) *

Home Depot
The large white threaded wall anchors for hanging pictures. Exactly the right size, and screws into the hole tightly.

Of course, you have to buy a box of 24.

The only problem with that solution is that if you happen to catch your fingers between a closing headlight and the brow, your fingers will lose the fight every time. The grommets are designed to give if there is anything caught between the light and the brow. Fingers might still hurt and even break, but they will remain on your hand.
Prospectfarms
I really love to learn about retrofits, so thanks Bill (bandjoey).
I also love fingers, so thanks also to bigkensteele!
bandjoey
do we really need those stinking fingers anyway? biggrin.gif use what we can until we find the right part. I'm in for new ones if one of our vendors decides to make 'em.
euro911
I didn't know the brows were installed with rubber 'thingies' ... my '75 has nuts & bolts holding them in. blink.gif

Thanks for posting the question ... I learn something new about these cars every day
rick 918-S
I heard back from Mark. He has them. He told me he usually sells them as part of a kit but will sell them induvidually. I'm going to check into the kit and see what else is in it I may be able to use.
Prospectfarms
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 23 2012, 11:10 AM) *

I didn't know the brows were installed with rubber 'thingies' ... my '75 has nuts & bolts holding them in. blink.gif

Thanks for posting the question ... I learn something new about these cars every day

agree.gif Nicely said.
burton73
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Jan 23 2012, 10:59 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 23 2012, 11:10 AM) *

agree.gif Nicely said.

My 74 had nuts and bolts as well but that was wrong. AA sent me the right rubber part and then the fit became right up front!

Bob
Cap'n Krusty
If the aftermarket has them, and they're not being reproduced, they get them from the dealer, and it's likely they're marking them up. Have you called the dealer?

The Cap'n
euro911
I sent Mark (Mikey914) a PM asking if I could add some to my gas tank seal order ... his answer was yes ... smile.gif

A quantity of 6 is required per car.
pilothyer
Thank GOD for Mikey
wingnut86

agree.gif

first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.