Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Oil cooler for six conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I know there are two different 911 engine oil coolers. An early version for the 71 and earlier 911 engines and a '72 to '89 version of the engine oil cooler.

I'm not talking about the cooler up front, I'm talking about the cooler mounted to the engine.

I know the 914-6 had it's own version of the oil cooler.

I assume that the engine oil cooler is particular to the engine design and not the car configuration (i.e. oil plumbing).

Here's the question, I'm trying to get to... For my conversion do I use the later style ('72 to '89) for my 3.2L six, and just have the correct 90 degree fitting welded on, or do I need the earlier style cooler for the 3.2?

Thanks

mueba.gif
si2t3m
it's all regarding the tube under the oil cooler.

Cut the tube, get a proper fitting welded to it and you are done.

Marc-André
Brad Roberts
I have seen tubes done 2 different ways now. Some people put the fitting right up against the flat plate for the cooler and some people put it out on the end near the chassis ear.

I try and shoot some pics tomorrow.

B
brant
now I'm curious...

what is the difference in the early vs late coolers..

brant
JWest
The fitting that comes from the oil tank is different. The early screwed on - the later one pushed on and used a clamp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.