Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The perfect engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I saw this beautiful looking 435HP engine and thought about what it would do in a 914. Then I woke up.
Can anyone guess what it is??
skline
Another pic, if you look close, it is written right on the top of the motor.
seanery
6 liter mercedes?
skline
Nope!
TimT
Jaguar?
seanery
that was my 2nd choice

could be a BMW 12 as well
tracks914
Aston Martin V12
Dominic
12 cyl VW Phaeton ? (not sure of the spelling)
nocones
Aston Martin.
From the Vanquish?

Michael
skline
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Aug 28 2004, 10:26 AM)
Aston Martin V12

Bingo! It is an Aston Martin from a DB7. My neighbor works for a Jaguar dealer and brings home these cars once in awhile.
skline
QUOTE(nocones @ Aug 28 2004, 10:36 AM)
Aston Martin.
From the Vanquish?

Michael

He brought a Vanquish home one day and I had a woody for a week. Electronic exhaust system was way too cool. Quiet and idle and slow acceleration but when he stepped on it it got really loud and sounded incredible. I will take pictures next time he brings one of those home. Sweet cars.
Mueller
just get 2 Ford Contur (sp?) V6 motors and weld them together, you'll have the same basic motor (1st prototypes used electron welded blocks, not sure if they are doing that still or made new castings for the aluminum block)

boring engine to look at, who wants to see a bunch of plastic cr@p covering the engine????......i wanna see some metal besides the intake runners !!!!!!!
serge914
Even the intake runners look like plastic.
fiid
Saw one on 280 heading down to Redwood City on Thu night - it's an Aston V12. Gorgeous.
SLITS
Where's James Bond when ya need him? <_<

I that "D" or "L" Jetronic?
eeyore
QUOTE(serge914 @ Aug 28 2004, 08:06 PM)
Even the intake runners look like plastic.

Yeah, I think I'd be a little upset about having plastic intakes on my megabuck car, but thats the way things are done nowadays. They won't conduct heat to the incoming air. Look at the Chevy LS-1/6. A beautifully cast hunk of metal, with ugly black GRP intake runners in the valley.

They're also lighter. I once helped a guy cut 2 pounds of aluminum out of an LT-4 intake. He was converting it to use short runners only.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.