Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does this belong to anyone here??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Driving to a clients office the other day this car caught my eye so I snapped a picture of it to see if it belongs to anyone here. He must work there because it was there the next day too. If he is not here, I think I will print out some of those 914 Club cards and put one on his windsheild next week.
red914
clean looking car; what kind of wheels are those? it must be fast (all together now) because it is yellow! laugh.gif

or are they really faster and i just don't get the joke?
Chris H.
Cool car! The wheels are standard steel VW wheels chromed with hubcaps referred to as "nipple" caps (can you guess why?). Replicas of what came on later 356's I believe. They were a popular upgrade on VWs.
Mueller
it almost looks like that /6 conversion that has been on eBay a few times.....

or are they really faster and i just don't get the joke?

i believe the origin of YPAF is when the RUF turbocharged Yellowbird broke some records for being one of the fastest "street" Porsches, he used a narrow bodied 911 instead of the regular turbo body for better aerodynamics....most of the early "hot rod" Porsches being put out by different tuners had always been painted a bright-@ss red...RUF wanted to be different, and that he was and still is pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.