Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB oem tranny mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Porschef
Ones I have are cracked. And the ones from pelican appear to be not as....robust.

Thanks in advance,

Joe
yellowporky
I believe that the upgrade from stock is to use the 911 sport mounts.
euro911
You may need to elongate the small holes in the 911 mounts, but they'll work just fine ... and will last longer than the OEM 914 mounts (if you can even find a good (uncracked) set of used ones.

I've seen "NOS" 914 mounts offered for ridiculous prices ... but for what? 30+ year old German rubber. No thanks ...
OU8AVW
If you know the part number and/or have a picture i may have a set of NOS ones. I just went through a big stash of parts....
euro911
PET indicates:

914 375 425 00 (4 cylinder)
914 375 426 00 (6 cylinder)
aturboman
Hold tight new ones are about to hit the market in a couple weeks. I expect Pelican Parts to offer them and several other parts retailers. I've seen them and they are very well made from NOS samples. Pricing should be "reasonable" I'm told.

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 25 2012, 02:30 PM) *

PET indicates:

914 375 425 00 (4 cylinder)
914 375 426 00 (6 cylinder)

hwgunner
I have a few sets of the New ones on the way. should be here by Friday. they are $47.88 (+tax in CA) for a set of 2 plus shipping witch should be $5.35 priority mail. They are made by URO/APA. If interested, you can email or PM or call.

jonathan
hwgunner
euro911
Hey, that's good news. I'd like to retain the OEM style for my wife's '71 restoration smile.gif
aturboman
There you go. Jonathan you are a good man, thanks.
hwgunner
Here are some pics if you are interested.

jonathan
hwgunner
beer.gif
euro911
The price is pretty good for the pair.

Is the rubber compound on these re-pops better than what Porsche/VW used 40 years ago? confused24.gif

What about cores ... does the manufacturer need used ones?
hwgunner
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 27 2012, 12:46 PM) *

The price is pretty good for the pair.

Is the rubber compound on these re-pops better than what Porsche/VW used 40 years ago? confused24.gif

What about cores ... does the manufacturer need used ones?

No cores required or needed. Rubber sure has come a long ways in 40 years but these are made in China. I have asked and they are suposed to be the same "spec" as the originals but i am not sure how they got the "spec".

jonathan
hwgunner
euro911
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Jan 27 2012, 01:08 PM) *
No cores required or needed. Rubber sure has come a long ways in 40 years but these are made in China. I have asked and they are suposed to be the same "spec" as the originals but i am not sure how they got the "spec".

jonathan
hwgunner
China? ... Hopefully they're not made by the same folks who make Harbor Freight's air hoses and the rubber gloves for their blast cabinets blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.