Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rain Tray in Tucson
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Bruce Hinds
Like the title says, nearly new rain tray from a '73 that my dad had. He'd done a 6 conversion many years ago and removed the rain tray. It's been in a garage for the last 15 years or more. It's still nice and flexible, no cracks or elongated holes.

Come get it in Tucson, $20, I'm not going to ship it. 520-886-5883

Bruce

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Jan 24 2012, 01:35 PM) *

Like the title says, nearly new rain tray from a '73 that my dad had. He'd done a 6 conversion many years ago and removed the rain tray. It's been in a garage for the last 15 years or more. It's still nice and flexible, no cracks or elongated holes.

Come get it in Tucson, $20, I'm not going to ship it. 520-886-5883

Bruce

Pics please! Is it flat bottomed or brace bottomed?
Pat
Bruce Hinds
brace bottomed?

[/quote]

Not sure what brace bottomed is, it's not flat.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Chris Lay
Will it fit a '70?
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(Chris Lay @ Jan 26 2012, 10:25 AM) *

Will it fit a '70?

confused24.gif I'm not a parts guy, don't have a clue, it come out of a '73 and is near perfect.
Tom_T
[quote name='Bruce Hinds' date='Jan 26 2012, 06:13 AM' post='1612090']
brace bottomed?

[/quote]

Not sure what brace bottomed is, it's not flat.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
[/quote]

That is the later style tray with the 2 longitudinal insets to help brace it from the heat warping common on the flat bottomed (no insets) early trays.

IIRC the change was very late 73 MY or 74 MY, & AFAIK the late ones will fit an early 914 from 70-73 MY as well.
Chris Lay
I looked on my engine lid last nite and only saw 2 places where the tray would bolt to. Both of those holes were towards the back of the lid. It looks like this tray has mor holes to mount it the lid?
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(Chris Lay @ Jan 27 2012, 08:56 AM) *

I looked on my engine lid last nite and only saw 2 places where the tray would bolt to. Both of those holes were towards the back of the lid. It looks like this tray has mor holes to mount it the lid?

Looks like five. 3 aft, 2 fwd.
Bruce Hinds
I have a truck with other stuff going to Phoenix on Saturday, I can put it on the truck if anyone wants to pick it up at my son's house in Gilbert.
B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.