Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RAT motor is in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
Well I got the motor in with the full carbs and linkage installed, didn't even have to remove the air cleaners.

Had the gigantic aluminum I-beam laying around from a job site. It was already 48" long and worked out perfect. I was able to get the ass end of the car 33" high to slide the motor in. No way it would have fit with the tranny on, and I am working alone.

Sunday I'll mount the tranny.

Been planning this day for months. smilie_pokal.gif

dr
thesey914
Is it a 2 litre, 1.7? It looks the shiznit with the silver tin. wub.gif
MXMARK
Sweet!!!!! Go, Go, Go . Mark
Verruckt
You said "rat" motor. Being an old chevy guy, I'm thinking, "what deranged lunatic put a 427 in a 914!!! ohmy.gif blink.gif

Looks good!
machina
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Aug 28 2004, 04:19 PM)
Is it a 2 litre, 1.7? It looks the shiznit with the silver tin. wub.gif

I had the tin powdercoated with a texture, so it looks like a cast aluminum finish.

thanks,
dr
machina
QUOTE(Verruckt @ Aug 28 2004, 04:38 PM)
You said "rat" motor. Being an old chevy guy, I'm thinking, "what deranged lunatic put a 427 in a 914!!!

RAT

Raby's Aircooled Technology

dr
thesey914
You have to get the car really high to fit a motor with the carbs on. I chickened out and ended up removing them smile.gif
How much HP does a Raby 2.0 put out?
Levi
QUOTE(Verruckt @ Aug 28 2004, 01:38 PM)
You said "rat" motor. Being an old chevy guy, I'm thinking, "what deranged lunatic put a 427 in a 914!!! ohmy.gif blink.gif

Looks good!

Yup.. biggrin.gif I was to...
Only a 914 guy would think anything but a Big Block Chevy was a "Rat Motor".. laugh.gif
laugh.gif
redshift
There's a guy in North Hollywood that actually has a 427 914, and uses it for hill climbing, 600+ horses.

-squawk!-

M
machina
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Aug 28 2004, 05:19 PM)
How much HP does a Raby 2.0 put out?

Better than 150hp @ 6800rpm.

Redline is set at 7500 rpm.

dr
Tom Perso
Oh, so it's a mild 2.0L

LOL

smilie_pokal.gif

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.