Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take over my project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Gigamight
Well, I have to admit that I am not going to have time to finish before I am too old to enjoy it.

I have had some major life changers lately, and I have not had a chance to work on my project in about 6 months.

I have a 72 pretty much "rust free" which we all know means no major rust issues, (ie longs are good, trunks are good, hell hole.... pretty well repaired). The interior is stripped and ready for POR, but I removed the tunnel to do a custom fab on the cables and lines. I have the wiring started, but not finished. I have 2 good motors, a 1.8 and a '73 2.0. I have multiple trannys, none tested because I haven't got a runner, but they were supposed to be good.

The 2.0 motor is still in the donor, which is very repairable, but needs a floor and the wiring got botched by the P.O. The other donors are cut up for sheet metal, but are still pretty complete.

I have a ridiculously huge amount of parts. some new, and a lot are valuable.

I have no price in my head, but I don't want to give it all away. I want someone to make me a "make me forget 914" offer. If I get any serious interest, I will get some pictures up, otherwise, search my name to see my progress thread and other posts to see what I have.

Thank you all for all your help. I will be sad to leave this behind me, but I need to be realistic.
Loser_Cruiser
Since this may be the laziest for sale thread I have ever seen, I will have to assume you are selling the red flared car? Are the flares steel? Fiberglass? What wheels come with?
Gigamight
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Jan 25 2012, 01:19 PM) *

Since this may be the laziest for sale thread I have ever seen, I will have to assume you are selling the red flared car? Are the flares steel? Fiberglass? What wheels come with?

The "lazy" accusation is fair, but I would call it half/heavy-hearted.

The flares are fiberglass. The wheels are something I have not identified yet. They were bought by the P.O. at a VW swap meet. They look cool, but need center caps to finish them off.
Loser_Cruiser
Yah , sorry about the comment. Ill link to your thread for you to make up for it. Definately a good starting point for someone, that is if the price is reasonable.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=99259&hl=
patrick3000
$$$
Gigamight
There is about probably about $10k worth of cars and parts.

I don't intend to get that much. I'm just looking for a fair offer to make me feel like all the time I spent working on it and collecting parts was not completely in vain.

There are some real goodies in there:

like new Bilsteins
Lots of spare engine wiring and FI parts
Nice seats
bagged half-shafts (never used)
one new SS HE, and a few extras to boot
Like new exhaust

real long list, it's worth it for someone to take over the project.

I just don't have time anymore. My father passed away, and now I am taking care of my aging mother. I got custody of my son, and I had a new baby. All the while, I am going to school full-time to get my degree asap. Sleep??.... what is that?

What I would love would be for someone to come help me finish it, so I can enjoy it. But I would settle for a ride in one. All this work, I was just looking forward to riding in a 914 for the first time after I finished it. I have never even sat in a running 914.

Ok, enough mopey crap. If someone thinks it's worth it, I'll take pics of whatever they want, and shoot me an offer. Otherwise, thanks for looking.
OU8AVW

Good luck with the sale.....
pt_700
i'm sorry to hear you're not going to finish this but, it's understandable with all you've got on your plate right now. good on you though, paying back mom for all those daiper changes etc. having the opportunity / duty to take care of one's parents could be considered the ultimate pay back.

having my own long stalled 914 v8 project, i can totally relate though. while i consider myself lucky that it's still a driver, it could have easily been in pieces when "the shit hit the fan" (in my case, marriage, house purchase, divorce, being underwater on said house...).

you're not that old, do you need to cash out?

perhaps trade for a driver?

heck, if you were local, i'd let you drive mine!

good luck with whatever path you wind up following.
Black914_4
If you were closer I'd help you get one put together...
chuckc
Just my 2cents. You're young. How old is your boy? Sell off all of the extras you can, only keeping the bare essentials to recoupe some of your cost; and save it as a father son job that you guys can work on in the summers -- make it a 10yr goal and get his dreams going. It looks like you've done some good work so far.
just a thought,
peace,
Chuck
porsha916
If you really want to sell everything and forget the 914(not possible for me). Then post good pic's of all the cars, parts and issues with build car. Also post a reasonable price!!!!! confused24.gif (because I don't want to insult you with a low offer) I may be interested but I live 6 hours away and I would have to make two trips - 24 hours on the road and $500 for fuel factored into my decision.
It would be better to sell everything you don't need and store your project.
Good luck with your decision.
Take Care
Bill
Gigamight
I appreciate all the responses, and some good ideas too.

The build car has two major problems, it has a patch of rust under the drivers seat. I have the sheet metal to replace it, but never got around to welding it in. The second issue is a buckle I recently found in the front trunk area. I didn't know it was there until I was installing the headlight brows and they didn't fit right. I had a guy come look at it, he says no biggie, just pull it straight, but it was the final straw for me and I gave up at that point. It still needs the tunnel put back in, and needs all the lines run, the engine installed, and the wiring run. The car was a barn find. It had been forgotten in a dry barn/garage for about 20 years. the worst that happened during that time was mice in the seats (thrown away) and cobwebs. I was afraid they got to the wiring, so I pulled it all out and I got a harness from a car that only had 3k miles on it, the harness looks like new. If someone wants concours, there will be more work than listed, but for a finished car without visible flaws, that's it.

I had originally planned on my son (now 6) getting the car for his 16th B-day present. Problem is, I just can't store it anymore. It is hard for me to give anyone an idea of the immensity of the parts stash, as it is spread over 3 houses. My mother has not complained yet, but I can't impose on her home anymore. I was planning on building a large garage at the house I just built, but my wife has decided to move again... headbang.gif

I did it all once, I can do it again. If I have time. I still love the cars, it has been a dream of mine to build one for almost 20 years. I guess I pulled the trigger at the wrong time.

Anyways, I have at least $$5000 tied up in it all. I will give it all up for $4000. and a lot of that is deals I made to get parts stashes for a steal. I did not pay full going price for ANYTHING. Look at my build thread to see what I payed for the flared one.

To those who are thinking this is high, trust me, someone who has the time can triple their money on parts, and still have a builder. I got a wild hair one day and put 2 parts on ebay and made $500.

I guess if nobody bites, I will start selling parts off, but I really need to move some of the donors, so those might get stripped and scrapped.

This deal is not a "help me out" deal. This is a "come get your Christmas early" deal.

As for pics, I have no time to wave my hand after a fart. If someone is honestly interested, I will spend some time taking pics and uploading them. If not, I don't have the time to spare. I'm sorry if that sounds lazy, or whatever, but please don't judge.
SGB
I'm interested... Broke, but maybe we could come up with a workable plan.
idea.gif
Are there enough body pieces in the doners to fix my busted right front and bondoed right rear as well?
I could end up with two working cars that way....

Of course I would have to figure out a way to get it all to Alabama. Do you think it could be transported effieciently, or would I need to come up with a truck and a big trailer?
SGB
Google says 10 hours and 35 minutes. Thats easily doable. My truck is only a 4-cylinder Mazda, but it is all downhill back to "Bame, right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.