Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Desert Classic week, VARA race and Concours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
If anyone is interested in attending either the Vintage Auto Race or the Concours here in Rancho Mirage in February, let me know. Lots of fun last year!!

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
I'll be in Palm Springs from the 17th to the 21st for the Modernism Show. I'd love to see the car show and plan on being there at least one of the days.
Cheers, Elliot
Tom_T
If I end up not traveling back east that week & not given a new "list" by the Mrs. dry.gif
- then I'd love to go out for a day or two of the events! smile.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 25 2012, 07:03 PM) *

If I end up not traveling back east that week & not given a new "list" by the Mrs. dry.gif
- then I'd love to go out for a day or two of the events! smile.gif

I went to this last year on a side trip from New Mexico....it was very cool.

I am a pencil in but I think I will take the car if I finish my little to do list.
I will be down there For the Mid Century show on the 17th-20th.Ive got a Wexler/Alexander mid century place in PS.I keep the "4" down there.What date is the car show in RM ?? Any World members are welcome to come by.Please PM mail if interested I will give you my cell # then. Rick & Sandy came by a while back.Its great to meet fellow teeners..
Elliot Cannon
My wife and I are HUGE mid-century fans. We've been to the modernism show about 4 years now. We almost bought a place in PS but it was 104 f that day and she said "ahhhhh no". laugh.gif
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 25 2012, 08:33 PM) *

My wife and I are HUGE mid-century fans. We've been to the modernism show about 4 years now. We almost bought a place in PS but it was 104 f that day and she said "ahhhhh no". laugh.gif

The hottest its got when I was there was 122. Air Conditioning at that point does not work...
monkeyboy
That might be a fun day trip. I may have to head out.
RFoulds
If anyone brings a Porsche, especially a teener, I would like to have it in the car corral. Give me a heads up and I will get you in.
monkeyboy
If I can make it, I'll be driving my car, but it's nowhere near as nice as yours.
RFoulds
Click to view attachment

I have been posting pics and back stories of some of the entries on Facebook. There is one Porsche of particular interest.

This 1952 Glockler Porsche is considered one of the earliest racing Porsches.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Jan 26 2012, 09:42 AM) *

If anyone brings a Porsche, especially a teener, I would like to have it in the car corral. Give me a heads up and I will get you in.

I'll be bringing this one down. Can you get me in? laugh.gif
RFoulds
Only if its a Porsche. biggrin.gif
m170seeker
Click to view attachmentI am coming to the second weekend of Modernism and plan on going to the Concours event and maybe the start of the Tour. I have a '74 Olypia Blue one too!
boxstr
m170seeker Just to let you know your home and carport with your 914, nade the New York Times today.
In the Homes section, "on Location" Off the grid in the City" Not sure if you are one of the people mentioned in the article or not?? But there is a nice article about the homes and some of the owners in Austin Tex. plus the pic of a blue 914 in the carport.
You can find it online. The article and pics.
Craig at CAMP
m170seeker
Thanks, I saw that!
Scott,Just read the article in the NY Times very interesting..Hope to see you out in PS.. Take Care,914
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(m170seeker @ Jan 31 2012, 07:53 AM) *

Click to view attachmentI am coming to the second weekend of Modernism and plan on going to the Concours event and maybe the start of the Tour. I have a '74 Olypia Blue one too!

We'll be in town the first weekend. Sorry we'll miss you. Lots of nice mid-century homes in Austin I'm told.
Cheers, Elliot
boxstr
I always have someone staying in my home in Palm Desert during the month of Feb. and March, so I never get down there for these really great events.
I may have to bite the bullet and pay to stay in Palm Springs and come down to the races and the Modernism event. I really love some of the mid century homes in the Coachella Valley.
Craig at CAMP
QUOTE(914 @ Jan 25 2012, 07:33 PM) *

I will be down there For the Mid Century show on the 17th-20th.Ive got a Wexler/Alexander mid century place in PS.I keep the "4" down there.What date is the car show in RM ?? Any World members are welcome to come by.Please PM mail if interested I will give you my cell # then. Rick & Sandy came by a while back.Its great to meet fellow teeners..

We Will be down for the weekends,Feb.17-20 and Fed.25-26.PM me if you want to stop by... Take Care 914
RFoulds
Anyone interestedin going I may have a pair of extra tickets. hit me up at rfoulds@verizon.net
When is the preview of the Auction day..Sat??
Thanks,914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.