Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I love it when a plan comes together--It's running
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toolguy
After 10 months full time labor totaling 1410 hours, my restoration is up and running. . . all new engine started on the first try. . . ran it for 1 hour at 1500 to 2000 to break in the cams and everything else. . One minor oil leak due to my inattention. . , loose oil pressure line I didn't tighten enough during the rebuild. . Idles nicely at 800 and those E cams sure sound nice. .
took it around the block and there is nothing sweeter than the sound of Webbers right next to your head. . can't wait to get it aligned and take it for a real drive. .
and, yes those are my real plates. . I prop the Calif plate in the rear window when on the road. .

KELTY360
WOW shocked[1].gif

Congratulations!
type47
Dang! Another COTM candidate.... first.gif
Strudelwagon
Very Pretty! Nice job
More pics please!
xsJerry
That thing looks beautifull. That's the color and wheel combo i always wanted. You have to be proud of that. beerchug.gif
xsJerry
That thing looks beautifull. That's the color and wheel combo i always wanted. You have to be proud of that. beerchug.gif
pete000
Stunning ! Nice work.
Tom_T
I've seen Dave's/Toolguy's beauty in person & the pix don't do it justice!!!!
drooley.gif drooley.gif wub.gif wub.gif

It's a very low mileage -6 & has an interesting back story - as does Dave!

He's a master resto guy & very helpful to us amateurs! biggrin.gif

Hope to see her fully running next time I'm down your way Dave! smilie_pokal.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 25 2012, 03:40 PM) *

Dang! Another COTM candidate.... first.gif

Well that will raise the hackles of the masses Jim, after the grumbling over the orange Six this last time! biggrin.gif
RickS
Gorgeous car. Love the wheel/car color combo. Very nice work, but no words can match the sound of the engine at full song.
Cairo94507
ToolGuy - I just love your car. Everything about it is right. I like the wheels, the way it sits and the sport exhaust. I sincerely hope my car car is close to being that nice when it is done. Congratulations on a terrific build. How about posting a whole bunch of completed car pictures for us to drool over?
BajaXJ92
What a beauty! wub.gif
OmaPossu
That is a beautifull car!
Gives me power to work with mine. Which is going to be exactly like yours (except side markers). Can not wait to hear those sounds of Webers..

Do you have somewhere pictures of building her up?
toolguy
BUMP. . I ADDED SOME MORE PICTURES cheer.gif
Eric_Shea
Amazing... mine's going in for final paint tomorrow. Care to come up to Planet Utah to help!?! w00t.gif

Ski all day. Work on car all night!
'73-914kid
The car looks great Dave! Looks clean enough to eat off of.. and then some.

Out of curiosity, how do you get away with having the Euro plate in the bumper, and the cali plate in the window? If I tried that in Pomona, I'd get a HUGE ticket I'm sure... Is there a law that allows that?
sean_v8_914
I want to be Dave's Q-Tip supplier
Bravo Zulu, Sir!
RiqueMar
Just beautiful! Love the 6's!!!

beerchug.gif
SUNAB914
Great job, looks fantastic!
eric9144
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Congratulations Dave, I had no doubt it would turn out like that--Drop me a PM when you are going out for your 'cruise' and I'll tag along in my /4 (if I can keep up)
mtn flyr
Wow! first.gif Silver is so right!!
Cairo94507
Thanks for the extra pictures.
Tom_T
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Jan 26 2012, 07:33 AM) *

The car looks great Dave! Looks clean enough to eat off of.. and then some.

Out of curiosity, how do you get away with having the Euro plate in the bumper, and the cali plate in the window? If I tried that in Pomona, I'd get a HUGE ticket I'm sure... Is there a law that allows that?

He puts the CA blue plate in the back window behind the pass. headrest I assume, which I had to do when my 73 2L got whacked back in 85, & both the CHP & DMV said that was okay back then - & I doubt it's different now - technically speaking.

However, Dave drives his 6 sparingly (so far), and yours is your DD as I recall, so you may not want to test the Pomona PD nor CalPoly CPS on their knowledge of that technical legal matter! biggrin.gif

I've seen others swap to such German & other special plates at car shows, then swap back to drive home, including some using MY matching older but not assigned CA yellow & black plates to 30's-50's & 60's classic cars of all types - i.e.: they bought repro or actual period correct plates for their cars to show, but those aren't registered to the car itself.

There is a Cal DMV process to reassign a currently unused/unassigned/unregistered set of period correct plates to a classic car, but IIRC it's only good for 69 & older cars (registration year new - not MY). I put that info/links in a Cal DMV info thread on here awhile ago in the Garage forum.
Tom_T
Nice pix Dave! drooley.gif

...so, entry in the San Diego PCA Zone 8 Concours this summer Dave? biggrin.gif
Ferg
Very very nice driving.gif
abnrdo
Silver is one of my favs! Beautiful!! wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.