Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
havent been on here in a while. i got a new car(new to me) back in october. been kinda side tracked from the 914. so much i want and need to do to it. just finding the motivation after work is the problem. any suggestions? ive been side tracked with a 2005 subaru wrx. im gettingt the itch to get back into the porsche again for spring time. will post pics of any progress.

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Put the subi engine in youre 914, problem solved.
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 25 2012, 07:42 PM) *

Put the subi engine in youre 914, problem solved.

hahaha. the thought has crossed my mind. i am actually in the process of swapping in an ej18 into the 914. taking baby steps with my first engine conversion. ill mess with a turbo motor later. any suggestions on how to route the coolant lines to the radiator in front?
Montreal914
Sell the Subaru and buy a second 914, a running one!

Finish your 914 project the way you want it, seel back the second 914 for probably more than you bought it! wink.gif

gil914
Whatever you do just leave it stock. It's a slippery slope once you start. I bought mine fully built at a fire sale (some doctor's wife found the receipts and the neighbors were complaining) I kept pouring money into it until it was a great car. Much faster than most 914s, a/c, heat, air bags, wife lets you put the kid in the car, etc. Unfortunately, not all that much fun to drive on the street, I end up using the tow vehicle about 80% of the time. Too much power, too much grip, equals plain frustrating and boring around town.

Use the 914 for having fun. Down on power but not hopeless, skinny tires (preferrably a nice hard compound), great balance and handling, equals having fun without attracting too much attention. I can't wait to get my stock 914-4 running. I'm strangely in no hurry to get the 6 with the big sticky tires running....
Andyrew
I like the subaru!
CG-914
You can put every engine in every car.

But Porsche and Volkswagen are unbeat with there Boxer tech!
At that point they spend more than 40 years of development in this engines, starting with the first Kaefer concept cars.

If you want a lot of more power, don't destroy the front struckture of the car by putting water cooling stuff barf.gif in like a radiator. You also can put a 6 in up to 3.0 liter with out bigger problems. and you get a lot of power and torque out of them with all the parts avalible.

And even more important, you keep the Porsche feeling first.gif and the unique sound. Dont destroy a beautiful Porsche oldtimer piratenanner.gif !!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.