Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lexington, Ky. Concours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robby750
On Saturday, the first annual Concours in Lexington was held. It was a great sucess beyond everyones expectations and will probably become a tradition. Here a some pics.
robby750
Ever see this car before?
robby750
Some details
robby750
the other side
robby750
one more
robby750
more
robby750
Yenko Corvair
robby750
Engine I like the license plate
robby750
another race car
robby750
and some american stuff
seanery
Great Pics Robby!

Great Cars, too! mueba.gif
red914
it should become an tradition: gorgeous cars, and in bourbon country! get a couple of the distillers (versailles isn't to far, is it? isn't that where labrot and graham is?) to sponser, cook some large animals, and you have an event to remember.

that red brumos porsche racer is the stuff dreams are made of. wub.gif
Brad Roberts
COOL. Great turnout for a first event. Show us the rest of the pics Robby. Merican cars are cool also.

B
URY914
Do you know why Brumos took thier cars to the show? Seems a little odd they would truck them up there to just show them.
thesey914
'some pics
Brad Roberts
Brumos doesnt own all the cars. They receive them on loan from the owners when they ask. Happens a lot... it just isnt publicized. Private car collectors are a lot like art owners (loan them out for shows)

B
URY914
Brad,
I agree but the 935 is a real good dup or the real thing because Brumos has the original 935 that P Gregg drove.

And I thank the #59 911 RSR shown above is not a true Brumos car, The #59 914 is painted the same scheme but don't know about a 911. They changed paint schemes to white with red/blue stripes after the 914's. There was one #59 911 that was yellow.

Paul
watsonrx13
Great pics Robby, yea, real cool cars... mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
robby750
I think Brumos brought the 935 up here. It was parked near a large semi-truck with their markings. It won best in racing class.
robby750
Here is a Czechoslovakian car. The owner said that the German army forbade their Officers from driving this car because two many were getting killed in crashes. He said it would exceed 107mph from only 80hp.
robby750
Notice the fin on the deck lid.
robby750
a very nice Cadillac
robby750
Here is one of my boys in an Indy Car
robby750
the other kid
robby750
this was the best looking Jaguar I have ever seen. The black paint was flawless.
robby750
I loved the color on this 911. We have over 70 Porsches parked in our paddock.
robby750
here is the nicest 914 of the whole event laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
There you go Paul.. Brumos drug their ass up all the way from Florida...LOL

B
SpecialK
QUOTE(robby750 @ Aug 29 2004, 02:04 PM)
here is the nicest 914 of the whole event laugh.gif

It is a very nice looking car! And Lexington is a great little town. That guy ever finish building the "Castle" just outside of town? beerchug.gif
robby750
That crazy dude that built the castle died a couple of years ago. Someone else bought it and then it caught fire and burned to the ground a few months back. It was quite a spectacular site and drew a very large crowd and all the local tv news crews so everyone could watch. laugh.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(robby750 @ Aug 29 2004, 08:12 PM)
That crazy dude that built the castle died a couple of years ago. Someone else bought it and then it caught fire and burned to the ground a few months back. It was quite a spectacular site and drew a very large crowd and all the local tv news crews so everyone could watch. laugh.gif

ohmy.gif Well, there goes 20 mil up in smoke. It did make a good landmark for giving "out-of-towners" directions back to the highway. wink.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Couldn't help but notice the Porsche Indy car in the background there. I watched Teo Fabi drive the car to it's first (only?) victory at Mid-Ohio. smilie_pokal.gif
Curvie Roadlover
By the way, Great pics, Robby pray.gif
mikey
Here is a Czechoslovakian car. The owner said that the German army forbade their Officers from driving this car because two many were getting killed in crashes. He said it would exceed 107mph from only 80hp.

This Czech car is a Tatra. There's some interesting history between Ferdinand Porsche and Hans Ledwinka its designer. Some say much of Porsche's early VW design was lifted directly from Ledwinka's work.

Thanks for the nice pics!
robby750
photos

here is a website with more photos of different cars
TBrads914/6
Would have liked to have made the event but was out of town. The guys putting on the show came by the shop back in June while I was putting the 6 in my 914. They looked at my friend's salt flat lakester and talked about him bringing it but he just got back the weekend before the show from racing. It is a piece of work. He missed the record by less then 6 mph. 199 with a 4 cyl. Robbie, drop me a line off the sight and maybe we can get together beerchug.gif . I live over by Hamburg.
Ted Bradshaw
74 914/6 conv.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.