Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 FI Air Intake System for 1.7 or 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I know K & N does not make an air cleaner kit to replace the stock one. I did find one at 9X Auto.com

http://www.9xauto.com/media/04/a20791513482de5988b238_l.JPG

I have a 73 paper filter type and not the oil bath from earlier years.

Has anyone used this or know of an alternate vendor or source. Or maybe someone has made one using a K & N setup and modified it for their teener?
SLITS
Don't let Cap'n Krusty see this thread ...................
Black914_4
They have the one you pictured on ebay for under $20. I didn't see it listed last week. I only seen the other metal one that costs over $200. I purchased the one pictured below off ebay for $15. It's for a jeep liberty. I figured one filter costs that so I can't go wrong even if I decide not to use. I havent felt good this week so havent went out to work on my car lately. And havent tried to put it on yet. I have to modify it to fit. But figured dual filters would look cool, and if it didn't I can always put the factory box back on and resell this one.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Jan 26 2012, 04:06 PM) *

They have the one you pictured on ebay for under $20. I didn't see it listed last week. I only seen the other metal one that costs over $200. I purchased the one pictured below off ebay for $15. It's for a jeep liberty. I figured one filter costs that so I can't go wrong even if I decide not to use. I havent felt good this week so havent went out to work on my car lately. And havent tried to put it on yet. I have to modify it to fit. But figured dual filters would look cool, and if it didn't I can always put the factory box back on and resell this one.

I put this on--- got it at the local autozone- probably cost me under $75 bucks for all the parts and filter, etc. - they don't have the reducer exactly like you would normally use, but i used a flexible reducer and clamp , seems to work fine...
Tom_T
IIRC K&N still makes the replacement style rectangular K&N reusable high-flow filter which will fit right into the stock 2L airbox (last time I looked online anyway).
underthetire
I made my own for ~ 40 bucks from autozone parts as well.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 26 2012, 03:06 PM) *
... K&N reusable high-flow filter which will FALL RIGHT TO THE BOTTOM OF the stock 2L airbox ...

There, fixed that for you.

I have direct experience with that, BTW.

--DD
sean_v8_914
HD racing sells everything you need to make that and Auto zone has teh filter for 15 bucks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.