Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Secondary oil relief valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
3d914
Can someone verify the size of the 12-point star for the secondary oil relief valve? This is the one located on the right side of the engine between two push-rod tubes.

Found this in the PET. Item #25:
IPB Image

IPB Image

This indicates the thread size is 16mm, so the 12-point could be 14-15mm. Mine appears to have measured at 13mm, but there are no german tools suppliers that have this size. 12mm, 14mm, but no 13mm. Couldn't find it in the Birds parts either.

Just need someone to verify the correct size bit.

TIA
JimN73
QUOTE(3d914 @ Jan 26 2012, 05:24 PM) *

Can someone verify the size of the 12-point star for the secondary oil relief valve? This is the one located on the right side of the engine between two push-rod tubes.

Found this in the PET. Item #25:
IPB Image

IPB Image

This indicates the thread size is 16mm, so the 12-point could be 14-15mm. Mine appears to have measured at 13mm, but there are no german tools suppliers that have this size. 12mm, 14mm, but no 13mm. Couldn't find it in the Birds parts either.

Just need someone to verify the correct size bit.

TIA

14 mm
3d914
Thanks, Jim.
mrbubblehead
i just used a small cold chisel and hammer. one little tap and it loosened right up. used my fingers the rest of the way. piece of cake.
Jake Raby
Strike sharply once with a hammer...

Insert a 3/8 drive extension into the relief cap. It will contact on just 4 points, but thats all thats necessary. Loosen with ease.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.