Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I finally found the cool pcar guys in Austin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cha914
The local PCA guys are nice, but they are more of the wine and cheese crowd, and seem to like talking about their cars rather than drive them. Well, recently I met the owner of a Vintage 550 spider replica, and he put me in touch with the early 911 and 912 guys here in town. Much like the teener guys they work on their own cars, hang out with other car guys, and actually drive their projects! So last sunday I met up with them and we went on a several hour drive around Austin, it was great fun, and here are some pics ...

I get jealous of seeing all your get-togethers out on the west coast that I just had to post this...

the inital lineup:
IPB Image

another view - I was the only teener, the yellow car is a 912 complete with RS ducktail just to piss off the CW guys, and the blacked out 73 911 on the far left of the pic has a 3.2 in it...fast car...
IPB Image

and of course the spyder - after talking to the owner some more it turns out he has a RAT built T1 in his car...so out of a random 8 pcar gathering two are powered by Jake Raby!!! ...
IPB Image

Moving to pass a 73 2.4...I was able to hang with everyone out there, I am sure the 3.2 car would have blown me away, but I always caught back up on the twisty stuff...
IPB Image

Texas hill country
IPB Image

Stopped on a senic bridge...and clearing out an idle jet on the spyder...it was funny the first two guys to dive into the carbs were the 912 guy and myself...
IPB Image

Raby T1 trying to keep up with a Raby T4
IPB Image

T4 wins this battle... tongue.gif
IPB Image

cool pic from the rear of the spyder:
IPB Image

stopped for food...every where we went that spyder got sooo many looks...I can't believe he is selling it:
IPB Image

more hill country:
IPB Image

bunched up at a light:
IPB Image

It was awesome hearing another flat 4 spinning up in front of me and mine behind my head...its such a unique sound:
IPB Image

Last one:
IPB Image

Sorry if this was a bit much, but I really had a great time and wanted to share.

Tony driving.gif
Brad Roberts
I know we have other Austin/San Antonio area club members... put something together. You can lead the pack. Alan Barelllelelluuux.. (cant speel his last name) is down there... he know's other 914 folk.

You should'nt have any problem putting together 10-15 914's for a fun run.

B
Hi_Fi_Guy
Fantastic, great pics, looks like fun!
cha914
Brad,

Oh, I know there are lotsa 914's here in austin...I have probably met at least 6+ others with runners and several non runners. I have probably seen 20 + 914's on the road here...I think the problem is that most of these guys got blown out by the NARP crowd many years ago and tend to be very anti - groups.

Shoot I met a 914-6 owner that lives in my neighborhood (had never seen him before) its a 2.4 6...but the second we started talking about the different groups he nearly snarled when he mentioned the PCA guys...

I met Alan a couple years ago, but that was when I was first getting into these cars and he has seemed to have dropped off the planet since then.

I am always amazed by the number of teeners I see in the central texas area, yet, there is no community here. I would love to help get something going here, I just can't do it on my own.

Tony
watsonrx13
Great pics Tony. smilie_pokal.gif

It's time for the teeners to come out of the closet and kick some tail-dragger's butt.. aktion035.gif
thomasotten
What? All this fun was going on and the San Antonio gang wasn't invited? Actually, I think I'm one of the only San Antonio active club members, and mine is a few weeks away from drivability. Looked like fun!
dlee1967
Don't forget to invite the Houston bunch before your next outing. We have a load of cars but only a handful of the owners would dare to drive 2.5 hours to get there. If you don't want to be the only 914 in the lineup, I can bring one of my V8 cars. David Lee
cha914
I have been getting the itch to go to a real autox ... maybe we could organize a 914 gathering at one of the next College station Autox's? It would be *sorta* in the middle of the Austin, Houston, Dallas guys...and they have HUGE corses cause its held on an old airfield. Its been probably a year or more since I ran there, but they always ran the events well, and the courses were almost always near or over a minute long...

whatcha think?

Tony beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.