Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 motor mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d914
OK, finally replacing the mounts on the 14.. Put some neat solid billet numbers out back and club sports upfront..????? How the hell do these replace that big rectangluar piece of rubber???? Bulk head mount looks to be a standard 6 mount..
Brad Roberts
You dont.

Is your car a true 9146 ?? or did somebody go to the trouble of welding in a factory 6 mount ??

B
d914
I believe that they went to the trouble of welding in a real six mount. It has a large bolt going though the middle of it and the hold downs for the rubber are wider than the sport mount. I'll try to take a pic.
Brad Roberts
No need. You have a stock 6 mount... which means you can send those sport mounts back to the vendor.

B
d914
my options are?? besides returning this part.
Brad Roberts
No options. Your stuck with the stock 6 single bolt mount. I havent seen an aftermarket "sport" mount for the stock 9146 setup.

B
Brad Roberts
Oh... use them as the tranny mounts on your other car.

B
d914
thanks

as always

I guess that steven gets sport tranny mounts.
Brad Roberts
They work very well in the back of the 914 as tranny mounts. Not as harsh as a solid mount but MUCH better than the stock rubber ones that are probably 30 years old.

No problem. Keep the shiny side up.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.