Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECR is over
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jarbuthnot
I had a great time and it was really neat to put faces to names. Michel, Ralf, Don, Don, Randall, Jim, Chris (Racer Chris), Mike, Dave and tons of others I've forgotten.

Thank you to Mike and Dave for organizing the event. They did a great job. I especially want to thank Ed Morrow and his daughter Jennifer for generously forcing me to drive his/her 76 914 in the ramble on Saturday. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif This was my first ramble and it was fun. I started out near the end of about 24 cars, after half an hour, now a clue how, I was near the front. Glancing in my side mirror coming down one long curvey road, I saw a marvelous sight, 15 or so 914s all in a row behind me. Looked like Dave Darling's picture from the WCC. Really neat. Great to drive a 914 again. Wow, what a difference in shifting a side vs. a tail shifter. Not that I'm going to change mine. But it was interesting to feel and learn about.

As you can gather, I arrived at the ECR in a station wagon. My 914 had rear brake problems that didn't get fixed by Thursday morning when we left. Oh well, there is always next year.

Thanks again guys, it was really fun. beerchug.gif

signed - one of two or three ramble women drivers!!
ejm
Yup...Joan was a bit reluctant to drive the '76 but there was no way that someone who has driven their 914 coast to coast and drove 9 hours to attend their first ECR was going to tag along in a Volvo station wagon. No way Period
Glad you had a good time and hope the car was as "quirk" free as Jen promised
Here's a pic of Joan, third from the left
sixerdon
Likewise, it was a pleasure to meet you, Joan and all the other teeners. After all of 30 years or so, I've never been in the company of so many 914's at one event. And I know many more Teener owners that couldn't make it for one reason or another. The potential is 50 or more that could get together at once here in the Northeast. There is plenty of room to grow.
Thanks again Mike & Dave. Good work.
Don
jarbuthnot
QUOTE(ejm @ Aug 29 2004, 08:41 PM)
hope the car was as "quirk" free as Jen promised

The car was a pleasure to drive. I felt bad about Jen not getting to drive, sad.gif , but not bad enough to give it back to her until it was over happy11.gif

I haven't had the nerve to call my mechanic yet, maybe tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.